How long can I wait to go PP stamping after I got I-485 approval notice?

xyk

Registered Users (C)
I-485 approved on July 1st, got notice on July 7th. But for some reasons, I have to wait until around Sept to go for PP stamping.
I know everybody like my situation definitely so excited to go for it ASAP.
Well, I just request the legitimate answer.
please post your thought.

xyk said:
I-485 approved on July 1st, got notice on July 7th. But for some reasons, I have to wait until around Sept to go for PP stamping.
Do a search - someone asked this same question a day or two back.

Basically there is no time limit per se

xyk said:

CONGRATS!!!

There is no time limit, as long as you have the original approval notice (which goes to your attorney from the USCIS and then comes to you from the lawyers) you can go even tomorrow (ofcourse if you are in a city which requires you to fix up an appointment or use the online appointment system called INFOPASS you may have to do that). I don't understand your statement which says you have to wait till September - That just does not make any sense please clarify.

GOOD LUCK

To golumolu

Thanks.
Well, that is family based thing, totally nonrelated to the immigration issue.

We need apply a travel document issued by china consulate for my newborn baby.
This is time schedule for us.
1, to get birth certificate for my baby, which needs 3 monthes for regular petition.
2, to apply his passport, which needs about 2 weeks.
3, to apply his travel document issued by china consulate.

To be qualified for the #3, his parents must not be green card holder, otherwise my baby only can get visa rather than travel document.

too complicated?

You might get away with this but this will be a lie. Once 485 is approved, in theory, you become permanent resident whether or not you get the passport stamped.

Which county are you in? getting birth cert usually takes 2-4 weeks tops.

xyk said:
Thanks.

1, to get birth certificate for my baby, which needs 3 monthes for regular petition.

To be qualified for the #3, his parents must not be green card holder, otherwise my baby only can get visa rather than travel document.

too complicated?

xyk said:

When your I-485 is approved, you are already a GC holder. It does not matter whether you have stamp on passport or not.

Does this mean that the Actual card will be sent irrespective of the fact that you get your passport stamped or not?

no. no stamping no card... the purpose of stamping is to collect the latest pictures and index finger FP to order plastic card. In the meantime the stamp can be used as a proof of LPR status.

warr said:
Does this mean that the Actual card will be sent irrespective of the fact that you get your passport stamped or not?

xyk said:
Thanks.

too complicated?

I would suggest get the stamping done before you work on other issues. I am surprised how the green card status of parents affects child birth certificate in a foreign country. USA Citizenship may have an impact on child birth certificate in a foreign country. It is not clear how the travel document is different from visa as far as entry into USA is concerned.

travel document is like PIO card (which gives almost all the benefit of indian citizenship except voting right) issued by India to people of indian origin. the difference is that PIO card can be issued to anyone whose father or grandfather was/is indian citizen (watch 'was' )...

It seems China has different policy. They provide this document to non-chinease citizen child of Chinease citizen provided that the parents has not left China permanently. Every country has their own law and procedures. It may not make sense to you but apparently they have a different point of view.

If I were in this situation, I would rather tell the truth and opt for visa for the kid. Lying to govt. (specially Chinease govt. who executes people even for taking bribes... no offense intended) is dangerous.

gcusa99 said:
I would suggest get the stamping done before you work on other issues. I am surprised how the green card status of parents affects child birth certificate in a foreign country. USA Citizenship may have an impact on child birth certificate in a foreign country. It is not clear how the travel document is different from visa as far as entry into USA is concerned.

Last edited by a moderator: