how long between interview and oath letter

stoil2

Registered Users (C)
How long was between your interview and receival of oath letter? It was 2 weeks already for me and I haven't received so I am concerned. I am in Los Angeles.

Thanks,
Stoil

Your guess is as good as mine, my interview was almost 4 weeks ago (will be Tuesday) and I have not heard anything yet either. Seems like some people get the oath on the spot and others have to wait for motnhs. Called the 1800 number on Thursday and they said my case was still pending, and there is no change in my status online. I would not worry quite yet though.....but I know how frustrating this is!!!!

swedegirl said:
Your guess is as good as mine, my interview was almost 4 weeks ago (will be Tuesday) and I have not heard anything yet either. Seems like some people get the oath on the spot and others have to wait for motnhs. Called the 1800 number on Thursday and they said my case was still pending, and there is no change in my status online. I would not worry quite yet though.....but I know how frustrating this is!!!!

My interview was on may20th...patience,you are almost there,unless you had broken the law in the past,there is nothing which can stop you from being a american citizen,just have some patience.
Best of luck.
:)

query11. said:
My interview was on may20th...patience,you are almost there,unless you had broken the law in the past,there is nothing which can stop you from being a american citizen,just have some patience.
Best of luck.
:)

Aren't you running into the name check issue that everyone is talking about?

Obongo said:
alrite now dont scare me...hahaha
no,well i did take a infopass and speak to the io on 20th of june,i knew tht 21st there waS A oath ceremony scheduled.
the io told me that since the oathon that particular date was filled,i would get a oath invitation for the next one which as we know is aug 8th.
so am counting on my blessings now :)

Well, on the interview they gave me congratulation letter, so isn't that mean that name check has cleared?
What will happen if I miss scheduled oath ceremony? I am concerned that I can't take infopass because I am on a business trip in another state, and my friends are checking the mail, but if it was lost in the mail and I miss it what will happen?

Thanks,
Stoil

Obongo said: