how long between "card ordered" and receipt?

Dames Bond

hi, my wife's card was ordered on july 27, but we haven't received it yet. i know it typically takes 1 week or so, but its been 3 weeks already. should i get nrvs again? (mine was orderd aug 14, recd. aug 19)

thanks for any info on this.

card ordered 07/30 no card yet

I am in the same boat.

Stamped July 5, 2002
Card Ordered date July 30, 2002 for both me and my spouse
Card received Aug 5, 2002 for me and for my spouse no card yet?
eventhough the card ordered dates are the same for both of us.

let us keep in touch. i will keep you posted if i get anything.

thirupati did your wife get her card yet?

my wife recd hers today. we had to call iio@neb and sort out a mistake on the address. hope your wife already got hers/gets hers soon.

Congrats! buddy

Good to see your message. No my wife did not get her card. Do you think I should call IIO @VSC. The reason is, when we got our 485 approval notices, my wife received the approval notice to the right address. Please let me know what was ur conversation details with the IIO, if you don't mind. Thanks again man.

yes, call the iio

tho' not sure what the procedure at vsc (ours was nsc) is, when my wife checked with the local ins office, (she went there to get the stamp in the pp renewed), they looked up in the computer and saw that the apt# was missing. the address to which the card is mailed is not taken from the i-485 form, i believe. its from the form we fill when we go to get the i-551 stamp. so there could have been a human error when that address was entered into the system. we also thought that since we recd the i-485 notice, the address should be ok, but that is not the case. i now think that ins sends out those forms after verifying to the organization that actually makes and mails the cards. this could potentially be different from the address the nsc/csc/vsc/tsc center has on file for i-485 and a mistake on the address on the i-551 form can mess up the card mailing.

the local ins officer also gave my wife a form (form G731N) "inquiry about status of i-551 permanent registration card". she asked her to send a copy "every 2 weeks" until we heard back from nsc. but my wife called nsc right away and was told they'd just recd the card back and sure enough, there was no apt # on it. the iio rectified that immediately and said it'd be mailed out again. we got it 5 days after that last conversation.

good luck to you.

Thanks for all ur details buddy!

I called IIO@VSC yesterday at1:00pm. They said they mailed my wife's card on Aug3, 2002 which is exactly the same date they mailed my card also. But the problem was they mailed my card to our new address and my wife's card to old address. I moved to the new address in Jan, 2002. I told the IIO, how come they send my wife' card to the old addres because we received her 485 approval notice to the new address. She told me that she doesn't know, but for sure she is telling me that they mailed my wife's card to the old address. I asked her what I do need to do now. She asked me to contact the old post office and If I could not get anything form them, she asked my wife to file I90 to get another card. She also told me that if the post office sends back to INS, then the AVM message changes to UNDELIVERBLE and then they can send it to my new address. But till now they did not receive anything back from the post office. She asked me since it is only one month, may be wait for couple of weeks, she says sometimes the post office takes time to send it back. I went to the old post office, they are telling me that they generally forward all our mail to the new address for one year, so we should have got that card forwarded to the new address. But I told them they we did not get anything. They are telling me that INS might not have mailed on Aug3, 2002. Also since they have our forwarding address, they do not send it back to INS.

I am really confused here. Do you guys think that I should wait for couple of weeks before we go and do the I90. By the way the IIO took the new address.

My guess is that the mail man instead of forwarding (since it is 8 months back we moved), he just kept it in our old mail box and the people who are living there now might just have discarded. Any way it is just my guess!

What are all the paper work we need to take when we go for I90. How long generally does it take. Any suggestions are welcome!

it takes about a month

it took approximately 1 month from when ins originally mailed the card ("ordered" date) to when it was entered in their system as "returned undeliverable". so they should be entering your wife's card's status about now. i'd call back next monday if i were you to see if they've received it.

Thanks buddy!

so if they receive it back, then they change the AVM right to undeliverable right? i will wait couple of weeks. Thanks man!!!