How long before the check is encashed

madhuri_dhar

Registered Users (C)
It's been 10 days since I mailed my application to UCIS (I got the signature card back as well). But my check hasn't been encashed yet. Usually how long does it take for UCIS to process the check?

Thanks in advance for your help!

madhuri_dhar said:
It's been 10 days since I mailed my application to UCIS (I got the signature card back as well). But my check hasn't been encashed yet. Usually how long does it take for UCIS to process the check?

Thanks in advance for your help!
It varies from service center to service center and on the work load they have I guess. In my case, it took them 8 days to cash the check and 2 weeks to get the receipt notice. It was NSC back in August last year. Hang in there you would get the receipt notice soon. If it is over a month and you did not receive receipt notice or you check not encashed, try to call CIS. You would need all the luck in the world to get any useful info from CIS help desk though.

In my case, I made a small mistake on the check. Instead of "01/25/2006" the date on my check read "01/25/2001". It was the case of honest mistake. But my wife check got cleared. So I knew something was up with my file. I got it back 10 days later. If you have also applied for your spouse and even that has not cleared then you don't have to worry. sooner ot later it will. Hope this info helps.

Which service center did you apply to? I did apply on the 15th to VSC and it reached them on the 17th and they haven't cashed the check yet. So you might be in the same boat as of me. Lets cross out fingers.

The checks were cashed today morning and I could see in my bank account. So the next thing is waiting for notices(both receipt and FP). Lets see what happens.