How long after principal\'s approval

We are still luckier than many people

sbalajis, I think you don't need to worry too much about your wife's approval. You've got your approval already and if you're employed (no matter where you are), your wife won't have any problem being approved for her GC. It is really not worthwhile to waste our life like this. If you get a better job, then move. Maybe your wife's case will be transferred to VSC, so what.

Only Issue

Your right.
1. I can change jobs, there no point waiting again for TSC to wave the magic wand again.
2. Yes the case might get transferred to VSC infact that might be a blessing since VSC is faster.
I will wait for another month to file for change of address and if things don't get going in couple of months , I might hire a lawyer again and file a G-28 to be on the safer side.
But my only worry is if we go out of country then while coming back I would re-enter using my GC and my wife would be entering with here AD.
With so much going on with INS officers, laws et la., you never what the officer at port entry is gonna say.

Take it easy

You worry too much about it. No matter what the officer at portal say, it's not your fault and they have no excuse to refuse you to enter. AP works fine although check in at different line.

OKC

I was approved recently but my wife's case is still pending. The lady who stamped my passport yesterday at Oklahoma City office said that if I don't hear about my wife's case in 3 months I need to go to Oklahoma City Office to enquire.

What kind of enquiry can I make about a pending case at the local office? Does anyone know if they would let me in at all if I mention my problem?

As for my stamping experience, it was pleasant, though I noticed that an old lady at the next counter was somewhat rude to those who went to her. I reached the local office just after 9 AM and I was out before 10 AM.

Thanks

please update erase_ego

erase_ego please update this chart.
This 3 months thing we are not aware of it.
Thanks.

Updated

Now if we got out of TSC's jurisdiction, what do I need to do to my wife's I-485 application. Is it possible to transfer it and how is that done?

Out of TSC

If you move out of TSC, some of us here ( not me yet) have filed for change of address by form AR 11 or by simply caling TSC and updating the address over the phone.
We dn't know yet that if the case will be transferred or not and its not something we decide.
Its decide by the people in TSC.
As usual its random and some cases they transfer and other they don't for no particular reason.
I am waiting for end of this month then I will also file for change of address.
Thanks.

Changed Address

Spoke to an IIO today and changed current address to NJ.
Also sent AR-11 form to Washington INS office both for me ( Mine has been approved 3 months back) and for my wife.
IIO was very friendly and told me my wife's case is with an officer since 14th Aug'2002.
So hopefully should get the approval in few weeks.
Thanks.

Address Change etc.

My case was approved recently as mentioned in this message board elsewhere.

My wife yesterday received a fingerprint notice (a repeat). This at least means they looked at her case recently. She had her fingerprint taken last in Feb which for some reason was considered not good enough.

Address Change does work quickly. My wife had filed an AR-11 towards the middle of July and received the Fingerprint notice at the new address (not a forwarded mail) on Aug. 19th. BTW, she had send an address change to Texas Service Center in addition to the AR-11. It was sent to the address mentioned on the following web site

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/texas/aboutus.htm

FP ??

Did u get a chance to talk to an IIO??
Did your wife's AVM changed after first FP??
why after like Feb to July - 4 months they have sent a FP again for improper prints!! ??
My wife's AVM still says your results for FP recevied on Feb 2002 etc.
Thanks.

IIO

She talked to the IIO in June and the lady (IIO) said her fingerprint was OK. We had doubts about that since the reply from Senator's office for an earlier enquiry was that a request for a new fingerprint was being processed.

AVM did not change after the Fingerprints. Do they update after getting the fingerprint results?

AVM after FP

Usual randomness applies to this also.
My wife's AVM was updated soon after the FP.
So did u contact the senator after your case got approved??
I still cannot understand why your wife got second FP notice.
Thanks.

Only one update on AVM happened to my case, that's the approval. No any update for FP for both my and my wife's cases.
We are waiting for the update for my wife, that should be the approval.

Her case was assigned to an office about two weeks ago. Normally how long does it take? I know no exact numers exist for TSC but I still want to know. As I rememebr, some cases only took one week or so. Hope my wife's case will be approved soon.

LLL2

So your wife's case has been with officer since past 2 weks and my wife's case is with officer since August 14th'2002.
Both in the situation since we both have filed for change of address to NJ.
Hope everyhtig should go fine and get their approvals soon.
Thanks.

:)!!

ya u r right nimrod!!
Although I got approved , things i went thro' with TCS for past 3 1/2 years can never be forgotten.
That's what it make me apprehensive until my wife's case is approved.
You know never what these folks at TSC are up to and its always like living in a Alfred Hitchcock movie!!
anyways , that's a splendid photograph u sent !!

sorry

no offence. even i am a worrieer too

btw that was not only a picture but a website i maintain where in we discuss on cricket

thanks