How long after principal\'s approval

address change

LLLL2:

How did you notify the TSC the change of your address? Any form used? I got the same situation here as you and sbalajis. My case was approved two weeks ago but my wife's still pending. We are going to move out of TSC juristriction into VSC in a week.

sbalajis:

What time did you call TSC and what number? I called 214-3811423 but it was always busy.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Clearsky01

Calling TSC

I usually dial in at around 7.30 EST , sit around in the automated message until 9.00 am EST and after that press key for talking to an IIO .
Then wait for them to come online.
Minimum time spent in this process in 2 hours !!
Ues 214-381-1423 is right number.

Many thanks

LLLL2:

Many thanks for your quick response. I am going to take it a shot tomorrow. I really admire your preseverance.

sg94ahpw:

Thanks for your service to this website.

My details are: ND 02/01/2002
FP 03/29/2002
RFE 06/10/2002 (Received by TSC 06/28/2002)
AD 07/11/2002

RFE asked for my employment letter.

Clearsky01

Just call the number. It's hard to get through but you will, although taking long long time. Do not be surprised if you could not get though after trying several days. Do not be surprised if you could get through in just 20 minutes. That's how TSC works.

Just tell the IIO that you need to change your address and then he or she will update it immediately.

That's what I did.

Clearsky01, Congratulations on your approval and good luck

on your wife's case. Was your indeed a 2002 (ND:02/01/2002) case or is that a 02/01/2001?

He is lucky guy.

It's possible to be 2002 case. I have nothing to say othen than congratulations.

TSC is really teriible. How could they not be able to find out there are so many 2000 cases still pending? How could they just ignore them and still have good time every day? God bless them.

Change of Address

So you never filled a form for change of address.
All you did was call TSC and spoke to IIO and gave the new address to them.
I am right??
Does anybody explain if its the right way to do it or filing a change of address form is madatory??
Thanks.

To call them and ask them update your address will ensure the approval notice of your case would send to right place if you have any case pending.

An formal form for update of address is sending to a Washington office, which maybe is the center of INS? I also sent a from there. But the point is I donot think the two far away office locations are connected well and updated your address at the same time. Sending this form is just to fulfill the requirement. Even worse thing is, I think, maybe they would not like to open the letter to see what inside. Because after a long time after sending the letter, I still found my address was not updated when I called TSC.

At this time, more importantly, you should update your adress at the service center where you file your applications. If TSC update your address, I believe that's more than fine because that's where almost all of your info are being recorded into their system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I updated my address on phone for at least two times during the last two years. That's best way to do it. It's real-time processing. I tried to send letter or fax but without any good.

address change

LLLL2, sbalajis and sg94ahpw:

Thank all for the information. I will call TSC again tomorrow since this is the only way that may work. This morning it did not work. I did sent a fax and a letter to TSC for address change.

Has anybody tried the National Customer Center (1-800-375-5283) ? Can they have access to cases in TSC? The only IIO I have talked to was through this number half a year ago, but she is not friendly at all. Anyway, I will try it too.

My case is a 2002 case.

Good luck to all of us.

Clearsky01

address change.

Hi, all,

I've talked to an IIO this morning after thirty mins redialing and twenty mins hold. That officer was pretty nice and updated both my wife's and my address. I told her my situation and she promised to send a notification to an officer because my wife's case is supposed to be approved at the same time as mine. But she didn't know how much longer it's gonna take. At last I asked her if my wife's case will continue to be processed in TSC, she said yes.

Thanks to all and wish all of us best luck!

Clearsky01

Check this chart

Lets maintain this chart for an easy access.
Please see attachment.
Add, update new fields, fill up missing data.
If anybody else under similar circumstances please add your details too.
Thanks.

Spoke to IIO

I spoke to an IIO today morning.
"Very Unfriendly" one.
He insisted that since my case is of ND' 1999 and my wife's ND is 2001, her case will not be looked into until for another year.
I asked him if her case is with an officer , he said no.
This is ridiculous, when I called them last week they told her case is with an officer and now its another story.

Again that shows ushow INS works

SOmetime, I believe, some IIO just want to end the phone as quick as possible and so they just tell you something you want to hear; and sometime they do not know so much about the processing and so they tell you the truth: "I have no idea". SO end the call.

U r right

Now I am worried to file a change of address.
If its really gonna to take one more year then changing address might make TSC tranfer the case to VSC.
and which might have what implications we really don't know.
On the other side they might not transfer the case to VSC.
One thing is clear whatever happens. "it all depends on given day how good a day the officer has" and on which we don't have any control !!
I have no idea what to do, started this GC processing in 1998 - four years past, got the approval but still no peace of mind.
Its a real quagmire and I have no idea how we all are gonna come out of it.
All for good , we are getting to be experts in immigration informations/laws and we can someday come out in flying colors if we apply for the law school !!

Let's pray and wish both of us good luck

Really nothing we could do about it. Sometime I am really driven crazy.