How long after principal\'s approval

it looks like always no use to call them

Similiar things happened to me and my wife is still waiting after almost five month since my approval. Got similiar response from them after calling. Our cases were filed in June 2000. Looks like we are almost in the same boat. Gook luck to both you and me.

freeworld..

did u contact the senator or did your attorney contact TSC rehgarding your wife\'s approval??

no

Not contact a senator yet. Just myself contacted TSC regarding this issue. They said they would send an email to their supervisor to ask him be aware of this case. But no good news come out yet.

Maybe I need to contact a senator soon. But do not know whether it would work. Looks like not all senators would like to help on this kind of issue. They have many "more important things" to do. But I want to give it a try after waiting a couple of more weeks.

As freeworld, got a chance to return to my old user name in the new forum. Sorry for any confuse caused. freeworld = LLLL2

any updates

Anybody have update on your wife's case??
I am still waiting for her approval to come.
Since we got our approvals ,we need to something to get our dependant's approval fast.
Any ideas how to contact TSC regarding this matter??
Thanks.

Spoke to IIO

Spoke to IIO today morning regarding my wife's case.
She said the case has been assinged to an officer and in a week or so he will finish working on it.
So the waiting continues...
Thanks.

Generally, dependents get approved the same time.

In my case, mine, my wife's and daughter's got approved on the same day. My son got an RFE for incomplete medicals. Message for receipt of the RFE response also got posted the same day.

does your wife have the same last name as yours?

If possible, I would like to ask those whose cases were separated from their wives if their wives have the same last names as theirs. I wonder if this is the reason that the two cases got separated, and sometimes, the two approvals were so apart in time. Please provide this information, and I believe we can find more meaningful clues. Only the initial of the last name is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
different last names

Mine and my wife's last name are different.
Is the approval dates different for theses kinds of cases since the files get seperated because of last name difference??
Thanks.

I do not think that's the reason.

The true reason is the huge mess in TSC. I have seen so many approvals at the same time for those who have different last names. Actaully, that's what's supposed to be. Now TSC is a different story.

I am glad to see some approvals posted recently. Hope to see more approvals, including my wife's case. There's been six month since the approval of mine. Contacted a senator and got the info that the case is in the hand of the supervisor. But until now it has been in his hand for almost three weeks and still no further progress. What does he do for the cases in his hand? ANybody has any experiences or comments?

You all have a great weekend!:confused:

supervisor??

When I called TSC they told me my wifes case is with an officer.
Is this supervisor and officer the same??
We need to be Linguist to decipher all the details of the converstation with an IIO even though its clocked only few seconds.

I donot think they are same

Actually sometime when you call IIO, if they are kind and there's no excuse for them not to process your case, they will tell you that they will send an email request to their supervisor although no one knows it's useful or not. Samething happens if your fax falls into a good hand.

I think supervisor is somebody who is in charge of the whole thing and one of his responbilities is to assign a case to an officer.

As far as our cases are concerned, I heard that from both the Senator and an IIO.

Foegot a point. If you case is in the hand of an officer,

that means that it was assigned to an officer and possibly and normally it would not take long to process it. That's my understanding.

Question

Since my case has been approved and my wife case is still pending.
1. Can I change employers now?? Will its casue any issues??
2. Can I change my address ( out of TSC juristriction into VSC) ??
Thanks.

I think it's ok

I just notified TSC the change of my address ( same as you, out of TSC juristriction into VSC) because my wife's case is still pending. I do not know whether it will cause any problems. But I believe it should be OK because I know some people filed 485 to TSC although not living in its juristriction area and got approved. Let's see.

Anybody have any comments? I also want to get more response about this issue. Thanks

It's been with a supervisor since the beginning of this month. Looks like he has not done anything on it. Hope he assign the case to an officer as soon as possible -- I think it's a necessary step and it's impossible for the supervisor to process it himself.

How long has your wife's case been with an officer? I believe it normally takes about one to two weeks for an officer to process a case. How long since your approval? Good luck to both of us.

time

Mine was approved on 05/20/02.
Well, I called TSC last week and IIO said my wife's case is with an oficer.
So I assume her case is with an officer since a week.
But your wife's case its now almost 3 weeks since its with the officer.
Let pray and hope for the best.