How long after principal\'s approval

April_Yue

Registered Users (C)
Doss, Sbalajis, and freeworld:
Do you have any news on your spouses\' cases? Please inform. Thanks!

Not Yet

My case is somewhat different.
My wife applied for I-485 almost 22 months after I applied.
I know it doesn\'t matter , once the primary applicant is approved , the dependant will also be approved mostly within sometime.
So my guess is it will take another 2/3 months for her case to get approved.
I will keep you informed.
Thanks.

Guy

I don\'t want to scare you, but based on my analysis
Most of the time if spouse is not approved along with primary (when filed together), spouse case will be transfered to local INS for interview. I am one such victim and I have seen many cases like this.

i hope your spouse cases should approve soon.

Can you please share if you spouse working and you live in same jurisdiction of Service center.

finally_but_notover

Did she also worked on H1-B. If yes how many. Was she ever out of status?

Did you call INS

Did you call INS, if so what did they tell you. I called up on April 1 St ans IIO said the "we will request for the file", called up again on May 1 St IIO now tells "File is not yet ordered and will request for the file" should hear back in one month. Have not yet called this month.

Any progress from you guys?

My wife\'s case is still pending, although it\'s two years old.
Hopefully it will be approved soon because they are now processing 07/01/2000 cases.

RD: 06/08/2000
ND: 06/24/2000
waiting for approval

does it matter??

I don\'t think PD, ND matters in dependant\'s case.
I thought once pricipal applicant has been approved, dependant will approved with few months.
correct me if iam wrong.
thanks.

it\'s been 5 months since my approval

and my wife is still waiting...what the hell is TSC doing?

Hi tmd

Did you have any luck with calling INS. I keep trying them every month for the same. In one instance My friend Got his approval and his wife\'s was pending, his Lawyer called an IIO and in the next 3 days it was approved.
My Lawyer does not care, he says keep waiting and refuses to give INS and call or send Enquiry.
My eife is still waiting for the last 3 Months after my approval.

yes, I called TSC, but no luck

I called TSC at least 3 times during the course of past 5 months, but every time, I was told that they were processing xx/2000 case and since our cases were filed in 3/01, my wife still has a long way to go. Then I asked everytime why mine was approved--simply "you are lucky" were pretty much the answer all the time.

My lawyer from FDBL also called TSC,but not much of luck either. I was told by them a couple weeks ago that TSC told them the file was being pulled and investigated, but so far I haven\'t heard anything and still keep hearing the never-changing AVM...

All in all, TSC sucks--BIG BIG TIME!!!

yes, I called TSC, but no luck

I called TSC at least 3 times during the course of past 5 months, but every time, I was told that they were processing xx/2000 case and since our cases were filed in 2/2001, my wife still has a long way to go. Then I asked everytime why mine was approved--simply "you are lucky" were pretty much the answer all the time.

My lawyer from FDBL also called TSC,but not much of luck either. I was told by them a couple weeks ago that TSC told them the file was being pulled and investigated, but so far I haven\'t heard anything and still keep hearing the never-changing AVM...

All in all, TSC sucks--BIG BIG TIME!!!

More Update

Just spoke to INS (Finally), the officer at the other end tried to be rude, but I kept my temperment cool and was very polite.
When told about my approval and my sons, she was kind of curious (well our cases were filed in Feb 2000, nothing to be curious).
She told me that My wifes case is not yet assigned to an officer (need to wait). She informed me that there are several 1000 cases ahead of my wifes, and usually the supervisor assigns the case to an officer. After telling her "Appreciate your help", she said sure and took my SRC number also, and told me she will request the supervisor to assign the case to an officer, but it is supervisors sole discretion.
Will wait for one more month and if no progress, will send request to senators.