how long after i140 approval does NVC create a file?

I140inCA

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,

I've just got my I140 approved at CSC. How long is the wait to receive packet III?

Also, after sending the biographic information back, how long does it take to complete the review and send the info over to the consulate? I will be doing my CP in Europe.

many thanks,
-i140inCA

I140inCA

It takes approx 30-38 days for NVC to generate the case and another one week to send out the Fee Bill Notice. Best would be to follow up at CPTracker.com
Hope this helps

hi,
thanks for the reply! from cptracker.com I can clearly see that it takes about 1.5-2 mos to get packet III, however this seems to contradict to what my lawyer is saying. He is waiting for packet III to come within a month and didn't say anything about the fee notice. Is this additional delay due to some recent changes or he doesn't know it?

Also: I was wondering about the FBI check, where is that done? How long does it take? Does the consulate do it based on name? I am thinking this because they don't take fingerprints but only at the POE. Should I prepared to spend time in my home country waiting for FBI clearance or the consulate runs a name based check? Btw, my home post is in Europe.

Thanks,
-i140inca

I140inCA

The next step after the Case generation is to send the Fee Bill Notice (10days). This is only incase you have signed G28 with lawyer (otherwise add5-6 days for Form DS-3032. That takes abt 13 days to reach you.In response to this you need to send the Fee to St. Louis NVC Facility. After that St.Louis informs NVC who send you P3 (12 Days)

Its nothing new that they added. Your Lawyer is saying 1-1.5 month is a good timing to recieve P3 (If you are soo Optimistic).
All the timing is the avg that took in recent 20-25 cases so yours might be close or in some cases even more.

So just hang on and deal with this last step with paitence ;-)).

To minimise the timing you can send Fee to your Lawyer and Filled DS230 I & II (unsigned).

Hope this helps you

I140inCA said:
Also: I was wondering about the FBI check, where is that done? How long does it take? Does the consulate do it based on name? I am thinking this because they don't take fingerprints but only at the POE. Should I prepared to spend time in my home country waiting for FBI clearance or the consulate runs a name based check? Btw, my home post is in Europe.
The duration depends on the person. There is no standard time frame.

BTW, It is my understanding that they do fingerprinting now at the consulate also for the MRVs.

Thanks Alren for your reply.
What is MRV? I got my H visa renewed over the summer at home and they did an electronic fingerprint on two fingers. Is that the procedure to expect this time around too for the immigrant visa?
i140inca

MRV = Machine Readable Visa.

Till Jul/Aug time IV used to be on a sheet of paper.

Now (mostly) IVs have to be MRVs like your H1 stamp you got in summer. Yes, you can expect the same procedure for the IV