How long after Green card approval can we change jobs

Venkat Ranganathan

Registered Users (C)
Fellas,

My position in current company is little bit shaky. I would like to change jobs before they layoff. I am waiting for my GC. EAC-01-279-5****. After approval how early can I switch jobs.

Thanks
Venkat

yes, Ric2 is right

You only need establish the intent to work for the sponsoring company indefinitely. The traditional way of doing that is sticking around for 6 months or so. However, with the AC21, I think we have a little more freedom. You may want to visit Murthy.com and search the site for the keyword AC21. You will hit several chat transcripts where the attorney advises that AC21 may give us a lot of flexibility in this area. She cautions, however, that the regulations are not out yet, so INS may spring a surprise or two. It\'s worth the read, nevertheless.
Good luck!

Let me understand

Does it mean eventhough there is no law has to how long I should stay with the company, It is better to stay for atleast 6 months?.

Venkat

You can change after 60 days

According to AC21 you can even change the company immediately after staying with the company for 60 days after applying for 485 (ILW.com)
As long as your approval does not come within the stipulated 180 days.
If u can change even before approval, I dont see y you can not change after.
Just my 2 cents