How long after FP?

philly485

Hi, gurus,

I just got notice from VSC to do FP in May. My situation is:

PD 07/99
485 ND 01/01

How long will it take to get 485 approval after FP done?
What kind of tax information do I need to show to Immigration officer during thei interview? Federal and/or State?

Thanks a lot.

No Title

FP date is not the criteria. Start counting from the i-485 notice date. Currently, VSC is primarily processing 10/99 cases though there are stray approvals for 11/99 and 12/99 cases.

No Title

i-485 notice date (also referred to as ND in general) is the date on which the i-485 receipt is issued confirming that your i-485 application was received by the Service Center.

No Title

But i thought it also goes by PD too. Don\'t they process older PDs? Bcoz I think I saw some case approved for PD 6/96 and mine is also same but my ND is Aug\' 00.

No Title

FP has nothing to do with being near (or far away from) an approval. I know of friends who have had their FP done for the 2nd time (FP is valid in the INS records only for 15 months). In other words, they have been waiting for over 15 months since the first fingerprinting. However, it is mandatory that you have your FP taken before the GC approval - it can happen 2 weeks before the approval or it can happen 1 year before the approval.

The INS processes cases by ND - I think they take up cases by RD. But before you get your GC, the PD has to be current (that is when the PD comes into the picture).

But the recent posts seem to buck this trend, since I have found quite a few 10/99 and 11/99 cases remaining on the backburner, while quite a few 01/00 cases seem to have been approved. So I would think, there is certainly some randomness in the INS taking up the cases (at least recently).

My details: EB2/India, PD 01/99, RD 05/00, ND 06/00, FP 10/00.