How long after FP to get GC?

cligsman

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone give me a rough idea how many years after FP (from Vermont) will I get the GC if there is no interview or any changes?

No Title

I just had my FP done on July 27th 2000. I am waiting for the Passport to be stamped. I was told it takes about 3 to 4 months. Is anybody else out here with the same time frames ? can somebody throw some light on this ?
Ram Mohan

No Title

I am EB3, India - I-485 RD is 5/20/00 and got my EAD 6/7/00, did FP on 7/07. I just got an approval notice dated 11/7/00. I need to go to the local INS office during office hours and show them the appropriate paperwork and start the process of getting the actual card done and passport stamped. I think they just mail you the card within 2 - 3 months. I must say, TSC has been super fast ( specially during I-140, I-485 and I-765 ) other than when there was a national INS date retrograde.

Good Luck !!

No Title

I-485 RD : Oct 25th, 2000
       ND : Oct 31st, 2000
       Priority date : Jan 98
I received my Finger print notice yesterday scheduled on Dec, 2000.
Keep posting more details.

Thanks
Nishanthi

No Title

Hi,

I have been to Local INS office on Dec 19th,2000 for my finger prints. We went their at 7.30am for safest side. They checked us and gave a form and a number (we are 4th & 5th member).
We filled those form and place it in the tray along with FP notice, After one hour (actually office opens at 9.00am), they called us ask for Photo identity(Drivers license) checked and they took finger prints of Us. That\'s all.

He is very nice and jolly guy. After we wanted to talk with IIO so we waited outside for our number to call (that another token number), we talked to them regarding EAD, we received our AP but no EAD, So we asked IIO that do we need EAD for travelling and she said not necessary.

I told her that when ever we call the INS our case status says "CASE not Found". SO IIO checked our status in the system and said you case is here and still pending, you will get it by next month.
That\'s all. Hope it helps you.

Nishanthi

No Title

Thank you so much for the info, Nisanthi.

One more question:
What questions do they ask in the form?

Hope IIO is correct and you will get it by next month.

BePatient

No Title

Hi Nishanti:
Your FP was cleared ?, if it is how did you know that ?
bcos I did my FP on 12/12, still my FP did not come back to INS
from FBI, but I called FBI today they told me that my FP came on
12/12/00 the same day went back to INS. but INS iio told they dint
receive till today. How can I confirm that FP. How long it takes to
get INS systems to get updated with FBI systems.

pls. give some info if your FP clears.

thanks

FP notice for me after FP done thru my Husbands GC process

Hi ,

I went thru my FP process as spouse to my Husbands GC case.However my employer aslo applied GC for me and now i got FP notice for 20th of NOv .The A# is different for me on I-485 recipt i recieved .I wanted to know is it safe for me to go for FP again even though my husbands case in process .Any advices are appreciated.

Thanks
potlavs