How long after filing I-751 you need to

Lolitochka

Registered Users (C)
Here is the question to who knows:
When one needs to start getting worried about his/her I-751 after sending and receiving the receipt?
That is, once you've sent I-751, and received NOA (and since it is impossible to check the online status for I-751s) when you need to start calling them or making InfoPasses (in order not to miss anything important due to any reasons-address change, lost in mail...)?
It is just reading stories when sometimes people never receive their interview letters, and miss their interviews...
One more thing, when you hire lawyer for I-751 filing, would CIS send any kind of correspondence to both, lawyer and you, at the same time?

Hey Lolita,
Here's the thing — I am also waiting for conditions to be removed. To check the time frames you can go on the USCIS website and check the dates of the application they are currently looking at. If you filed 30 or more days BEFORE the date indicated at your service center, and have not received anything regarding the status of you case, than consider yourself among a few lucky applicants like me : ) Only then you can start calling the 1-800 number... If it's still pending, they'll send you a letter explaining why it's pending... That's about it!

Dani said:
Hey Lolita,
Here's the thing — I am also waiting for conditions to be removed. To check the time frames you can go on the USCIS website and check the dates of the application they are currently looking at. If you filed 30 or more days BEFORE the date indicated at your service center, and have not received anything regarding the status of you case, than consider yourself among a few lucky applicants like me : ) Only then you can start calling the 1-800 number... If it's still pending, they'll send you a letter explaining why it's pending... That's about it!
Thank you, Dani.
It all makes sense now:)

Dani said:
Hey Lolita,
BTW,
I am also in the bay area,
Have you sent your I-751 yet or just going to?