How long - 485??

MCB

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
How long I-485 processing takes at Vermont center? Is this the last step of GC processing??

Thanks

I-485 Question

Hello,
How does I-485 processing take at Vermont center? Is this the last step of GC processing?

Thanks
MCB

Vermont 485

According to what I know , you should get EAD in 30-60 days and the whole GC should take less than 9 months. - Alr

I485 Processing in Atlanta

Does anyone know know long is it taking for I485 processing in Atlanta?
Thanks

Finger print - How much more time?

My notice date(I-485) is 9-10-2001 and still no finger printing.Is there any one who has had his finger printing done and has the same (or around)notice date.

Is this normal or something is wrong?

Please reply

Elmo

Mine was in 8/10

My receipt date was 8/10/2001. I was called for finger printing on 2/1/2002 at Oakland INS finger printing center. Two of my friends had the reciept date in the same week, but they got finger printing appointment on 12/11/2001. They went to San Francisco INS center. What I heard is that you will be called for finger printing based on crowd at the service center near your home address. In San Francisco bay area...

1. If you live in peninsula you will be called within 4 months to the SFO finger printing center.
2. If you live in East Bay they take 6 months to give you an appointment in Oakland finger printing center.
3. South Bay people will be called to San Jose center and I heard it takes almost 7 months.

On an average you can expect to receive the finger printing notice anytime from 3 to 6 months from the reciept date.

I-485 (AOS) transferred to Local INS Office in SFO

Hi,
I applied for AOS (I-485) in March 2001 and in December 2001 i got a notice from INS stating that my application is being transferred to local INS office in San Francisco for scheduling an interview or any other action. What does this mean. My friends who applied along with me got their approval in mail w/o all these....any idea?

thanks

I-485--the six month "Safe\' period starts from when?

Hi,

My I-485 has been filed & I have recd the notice for the same. I was informed that once 6 months are over after filing the I-485, then the process of GC continues even if we change our job--this 6 months starts from what date--the date on which the INS receives our application (Received date) or the Notice date?

Thanks

Nishu

No Title

Yes I-485 is the last stage but it does involve finger printing & if necessary an interview.

Nishu

I-485--the six month "Safe\' period starts from when?

Hi,
My I-485 has been filed & I have recd the notice for the same. I was informed that once 6 months are over after filing the I-485, then the process of GC continues even if we change our job--this 6 months starts from what date--the date on which the INS receives our application (Received date) or the Notice date?

Thanks

Nishu

How Long for processing in Cincinnati, Ohio 1-485

Does anyone have information on how long it takes for completion of the 1-485 for Cincinnati, Ohio? My husband already was sent a letter for his Work Authorization and was fingerprinted while he was there, now how long will it be before we hear anything else. Also, he drives from Columbus, Ohio to Cincinnati, Ohio everday to work. Will it hurt his case to move from Cinci to Cols and get another job?

i-485

my green card process started by company A.
I joined company B after 4-5 months and still working with B on h-1.
I recieved my EAD this month and i\'m called for fingerprint next month.
Is it necessary for me to go back to company A and start working on EAD or it is only important to go back after i get my green card or it is not at all important????