How Long 485 Result Can Be Known?

InHopes

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All:

My NIW based I-140 was approved on June 14, 2005. I concurrently filed
my 485 and 140 in VSC. Does anyone here know how long I can receive
result for my 485?

Thanks! Best wishes to those who are waiting for 140 approval.

InHopes

InHopes said:
Hi, All:

My NIW based I-140 was approved on June 14, 2005. I concurrently filed
my 485 and 140 in VSC. Does anyone here know how long I can receive
result for my 485?

Thanks! Best wishes to those who are waiting for 140 approval.

InHopes

When did you file? Did you receive fingerprint/biometrics notice?
My NIW filed concurrently early in May 2005 got approved, too (VSC). No news about I-485.

Who knows ....

I agree. It can take months or years ... or a few weeks. Are you tracking your LUDs online?

GOOD LUCK!

My LUDs

Unfortunately, I discovered the online case status service late in the process. I started tracking my LUDs after I sent in my I-485 RFE. I saw three LUDs after they received my RFE response: all within a week of their receipt.

Then, silence ... (and I was furiously checking at least twice a day for any more LUDs) ...

Then of course I went on vacation, and I temporarily stopped checking/obsessing about any LUD or message change for two days. I found a computer in the middle of my vacation just to check my e-mail, and there it was, the I-485 approval e-mail.

I guess there's some wisdom in the saying: "A watched pot never boils".

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Wah! That is very encouraging. I send out my I-485 package at the end of last month, hopefully it can be approved shortly, as well.

Status/LUD change after FP?

hi Did you all see any status or LUD after you took you FP?? Waiting for 485 too.

Sorry for replying late. Here is my information:

VSC NIW:
140:
ND: Feb. 7, 2005
AD: June 14, 2005
No RFE

485:
ND: Feb. 7, 2005
AP: ? waiting
FP: May 2, 2005
No LUD change after FP update on May 17, 2005

The case process and progress at VSC shows that the processing date of I485 has been no change for 2 months (always show Aug 19, 2004).

how long it takes to receive FP after 485 applied?

eb1doc said:
DIfficult to answer
it can take months/years

I just received my and wife's 485/EAD receipt notice. RD and ND is aug 15th 05.
How long it usually takes to receive the FP notice?
It is NSC. 140 EB1 OR approved in Jul 2005.

thanks.

485 Lud

there was a first LUD on my 485/ead. it was just after the few days of the receipt of the application. what thats for? would it be for FP1 notice?

Folks and Gpnl_dl:

Today I received biometrics notice (Code 3, what it means?) for myself only (Not for my wife!). My I-140 (NIW) was approved in early July! My question (s) are:

(i) Should I go ahead and give biometrics for myself only,

(ii) Wait till my wife receives her notice? To make things complicated, my wife needs to go out of the country by end of next month (she has advance parole!), so I wanted to ask if she can go with me for biometrics (even if we do not receive notice)? Related to that what are the chances that USCIS will take her biometrics without notice?

Anything else I should keep in mind when down in USCIS office?

Other question I've is, Is there any linkage between biometrics and I485 RFE (in case there is any: as I've PhD from foreign school and I did not submit evaluation, so am concerned that USCIS may issue an RFE on this!), by that I mean, does people usually get RFE, if any, after fingerprinting or before (I'm aware that some people got fingerprints notice without I140 approval and few days after they submitted there package). I think what I wanted to ask is if biometrics are ok, can I get approval on I-485 soon (any ideas, how long does it take to approve after fingerprinting)?

Look forward to your valuable insights!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, GoEagles, I have the same NIW/485 ND as yours. I140 was approved in July. I also received FP notice today (code 3), with the schedule date of 8/30. What is your schedule date?

1. Just as I know, code 3 means both taking 10 fingers print for security check, and then taking right index finger print and digital photo for green card order.
2. You should go for FP on time. Rescheduling will significantly delay the I485 process.
3. Without FP notice, your wife has no chance to do it.
4. There is not relevant between FP and 485 RFE. RFE could happen before or after FP.
5. From what I read from this forum, generally, I485 approval will come in 1.5-3.5 months after FP result is received by VSC, if without RFE after FP.

Southhuntington said:
Hi, GoEagles, I have the same NIW/485 ND as yours. I140 was approved in July. I also received FP notice today (code 3), with the schedule date of 8/30. What is your schedule date?

1. Just as I know, code 3 means both taking 10 fingers print for security check, and then taking right index finger print and digital photo for green card order.
2. You should go for FP on time. Rescheduling will significantly delay the I485 process.
3. Without FP notice, your wife has no chance to do it.
4. There is not relevant between FP and 485 RFE. RFE could happen before or after FP.
5. From what I read from this forum, generally, I485 approval will come in 1.5-3.5 months after FP result is received by VSC, if without RFE after FP.

Thanks Southhuntington,

Greatly appreciate your reply. My biometrics are scheduled for 8/29/2005. As I am now in TSC, and having fingerprints in our local office here (although I got that notice from VSC, does it mean that my 485 would now be processed at the local office, which is in TSC)?

I talked with my lawyer today and have been told that I could request them to take my wife biometrics! Whether they take or not, would update next monday!

Keep in contact and goodluck!

Good News!

Hi, folks:

I got the email notice that my 485 was approved by VSC!! Praise God!

FYI, I concurrently filed 140 and 485 (via NIW) at the end of January, 140
was approved on June 13, FP on May 15, and now 485 approval on Aug. 29.
No RFE. 485 LUD change happened after FP only.

But my wife's case was different. I filed the 485 for her with me at the same
time and we got FP at the same time. She got 485 RFE in July and LUD
change of this RFE on July 18. We didn't yet receive email notice for her 485
though mine has been approved yesterday. Maybe a little more time to wait
for the result.

Best wishes to all of you!

InHopes

Congrats In Hopes. My dates and yours are close enough so let me ask you did you have LUDs just before 485 approval. When did LUds occur after FP.

nikkasingh said:
Congrats In Hopes. My dates and yours are close enough so let me ask you did you have LUDs just before 485 approval. When did LUds occur after FP.

Thanks, nikkasingh. Are you in the VSC area? I am in Boston. Different SC
has different time frame.

I remembered that I got the FP notice in April and the FP date is May 15.
There was no LUD change after FP until my 140 was approved. No LUD
change any more after the one saying my FP results were received and my
485 case was resumed due to 140 approval. The last LUD was yesterday:
a new card was ordered for me. :), the one before last LUD was on Aug. 29 saying that my 485 was approved.

May it helpful. Good luck!

InHopes

Last edited by a moderator: