how likely being denied entry with reentry permit?

robwoj

Registered Users (C)
Hey -

If sb has a reentry permit then it means generally that INS agreed that the reason for leaving the US is valid.

The person then takes this reentry permit and spends 60% of the time abroad and 40% in the US.

The person is careful to keep ties to the US by:
- Has a company in the US albeit small making about 100K per year.
- Has almost all savings in the US
- Has credit cards in the US
- Keeps in touch with friends - (spending 40% of the time forces you anyways).
- Has things like cell phone, car in the US
- Does not have a home because the person thinks the prices are overvalued at this point.
- Pays company taxes in the US
- Pays personal income taxes in the US and reports worldwide income in the US
- Has driver licence in the US

Ofcourse the person is no criminal etc.

Based on all of this - is it easy for INS officers to still deny entry based on abondonment (most of the time is still being spent abroad) with a valid reentry permit?

robwoj said:
Hey -

If sb has a reentry permit then it means generally that INS agreed that the reason for leaving the US is valid.

The person then takes this reentry permit and spends 60% of the time abroad and 40% in the US.

- Does not have a home because the person thinks the prices are overvalued at this point.

Based on all of this - is it easy for INS officers to still deny entry based on abondonment (most of the time is still being spent abroad) with a valid reentry permit?
CBP/POE guys have certainly some other job of catching other violators than turning thier head towards this 'potentially law abiding ' , 'legally eligible' 'rightful' rentrant. :)
I think the above answeres your Q.

make sure you just dont tell them that u have everything mentioned below- but also have some proofs for the following.

at least the POE guy knows you are meticulate in details and ofcourse knowledgable - so would think twice before revoking ur greencard and facing you in the court

robwoj said:
Hey -

Method of keeping residence in US!

1..What if all the above list applies to me too BUT my US company [sole trader] makes very little per year because it is new. I do not make $100k, not even $10k yet per year ! Neither do I own a house just like this guy.

Does the situation change?

Are you still confident that I can keep GC ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.. What if the same situation as [1] but time spent in US=2 weeks every 6 months. Does that drastically change situation?

Questions 1 and 2 are seperate so please answer seperately.