How Lame is this....

gckajadoo

Registered Users (C)
Recently I applied for my 4th or 5th EAD I don’t even have a count anymore. Mine and my spouse EAD that cost me around $700 (including the mailing expense) both are off the expiry dates. One EAD is off by over 3 months and other EAD a month and half. So I called USCIS useless 1800 phone service here is what I got:

One USCIS lady told me that if I have applied the EAD between 90-120 days than USCIS will accept their mistake about the dates and will change them free of cost.
If I have applied the EAD before 120 days then they will not change/modify the dates on my new EAD.
I might have to pay full fees again ($340 per application to make changes)
Most Important point: After applying for making correction to my new EAD cards (because of the USCIS mistakes), I have to wait and not work till I get my new EAD card in my hand.

Ok two things here: if any of the above is true like 25% of it…then USCIS rules SUCKS.
Or if all above is wrong than THEY SHOULD FIRE PPL WHO SPREAD WRONG INFORMATION IN USCIS.

Don't need to stop working!

Recently I applied for my 4th or 5th EAD I don’t even have a count anymore. Mine and my spouse EAD that cost me around $700 (including the mailing expense) both are off the expiry dates. One EAD is off by over 3 months and other EAD a month and half. So I called USCIS useless 1800 phone service here is what I got:

One USCIS lady told me that if I have applied the EAD between 90-120 days than USCIS will accept their mistake about the dates and will change them free of cost.
If I have applied the EAD before 120 days then they will not change/modify the dates on my new EAD.
I might have to pay full fees again ($340 per application to make changes)
Most Important point: After applying for making correction to my new EAD cards (because of the USCIS mistakes), I have to wait and not work till I get my new EAD card in my hand.

Ok two things here: if any of the above is true like 25% of it…then USCIS rules SUCKS.
Or if all above is wrong than THEY SHOULD FIRE PPL WHO SPREAD WRONG INFORMATION IN USCIS.

In my case, I also have an EAD that had wrong exipiration date by a month and half. I called TSC and a nice lady told me that it was USCIS error and told me to do the following.

1. Use red ink to write "AMEND" on top of the I-765 form.
2. Choose replacement option.
3. Send the form with the EAD card with wrong expiration date with no payment attached.
4. Use red link to write "I-765 AMEND" above your return address on the envelope.

There was no mentioning about stop working since it is USCIS's error. I send it on March 7, 2008. Surprisingly, instead of issuing me a new EAD card, USCIS approved all my family's I-485 application on March 25, 2008. I don't know if this triggers the I-485 approvals. This is just my experience to share with you.

Wish you have your green card soon!

In my case, I also have an EAD that had wrong exipiration date by a month and half. I called TSC and a nice lady told me that it was USCIS error and told me to do the following.

1. Use red ink to write "AMEND" on top of the I-765 form.
2. Choose replacement option.
3. Send the form with the EAD card with wrong expiration date with no payment attached.
4. Use red link to write "I-765 AMEND" above your return address on the envelope.

There was no mentioning about stop working since it is USCIS's error. I send it on March 7, 2008. Surprisingly, instead of issuing me a new EAD card, USCIS approved all my family's I-485 application on March 25, 2008. I don't know if this triggers the I-485 approvals. This is just my experience to share with you.

Wish you have your green card soon!
Thanks Bystander6,
Your words gives me hope :rolleyes: I might get my I-485 get approved.
thanks,
gcakajadoo

It was approved, so you are authorized to work. Wrong information on it does not mean you have to stop working (unless it is so blatantly wrong, that the card is actually for another person). People even get green cards with wrong information and have to send it back ... but they are still permanent residents while they wait for the fixed card to arrive.

what can not be avoided should be enjoyed.
I lost 3 months on my EAD renewal inspite of explicitly asking for renewal from the date of expiry of current EAD.
Something sinister at TSC ; ne'er happened at VSC.
VSC was/is markedly diff than TSC.

Same thing happened to me at NSC.My 3rd EAD and AP got approved with in 40 days and I lost almost 50 days.