How it works: An inside look at an (Immediate Relative) AOS application.

mgarcia2

Registered Users (C)
NOTE: I am by no means an expert on the subject I just want to share what I have learned. If you know of any inaccuracy please let us all know. This is for a marriage based AOS.

Mail stuff to Magical Lockbox in the sky.

• [*]Customer files applications and petitions (apps) via mail to lockbox
    [*]Lockbox system does preliminary review of data from apps according to USCIS business rules.

If everything seems in order then:

• [*]Deposits payment
    [*]Sends receipt notice to applicant
    [*]Forwards apps to NBC
    [*]Forwards data to NBC
    [*]Biometric letter is sent to ASC

NOTE: The National Benefits Center (NBC) was formerly known as the Missouri Service Center (MSC) whence receipt numbers are prefixed with MSC.

• [*]NBC Creates/updates A# file.
    [*]NBC reviews apps (again?!) for initial evidence that establishes eligibility. (Visa Availability, Eligibility of applicant for benefit, Lawful entry into U.S.)

At the same time security checks are initiated. Then, once all the initial evidence is in order, NBC processes interim benefits (i.e. EAD)

• [*]Once scheduled, NBC sends interview notice to applicant
    [*]NBC sends interview-ready cases to Districts

Now, the interview part:

• [*]Districts conduct interviews and record results via Interim Case Management System (ICMS)
    [*]District approval and biometrics availability triggers immediate initiation of I-551 production
    [*]Districts forward completed cases to National Records Center
    [*]Approvals communicated to ICPS via NBC Claims3 LAN
    [*]ICPS sends I-551 to applicant

I hope this sheds some light into a somewhat obscure process.

Source: http://soniacol.com/practice/docs/nbc.htm

mgarica2 thank you, I posted something similar yesturday. But it goes in to much more details, than I would have like to read. Once again thank you, I know this thread would alsp appreciate the read.