How is the current situation in SJ INS

Suresh-XX

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know what is the current situation in SJ INS? How early we should go to get in? On Tuesday, I went there and found a huge line outside SJ INS around 8:30 PM itself. I am confused on when to go and what time to go. I got my 485 Approval three days ago.

Any Information would be helpful....

Regards
Suresh

No Title

I\'m in the same boat. Do you know if it is OK to go to SF instead of SJ.
Crock

No Title

Somebody should try to go to SF. Everyone talks about it, but no one does anything. If I had my approval, I would try. It wouldn\'t kill anyone.

No Title

According to my Attorney, you should go to the INS specified in your 485 Approval. This is the reason why I am not taking chances. Did anyone go to SFO INS even if the approval says SJ INS.

Let me know.
Suresh

No Title

Most probably you’re right! I believe CSC is mailing some papers to the local INS they specified on the approval notice.

No Title

I dobut it. I\'ve seen postings on this group where people approved in CA stamped their passport in Boston and other places.

No Title

Depends on where you leave, not where is your company\'s headquarters. This is what I think. I have no experience in stamping at all.

No Title

according to INS, even if the approval is INS having your local jurisdication , and someone relocates , then they go to INS in their new jurisdication for approval, as for going to SFO, one would have to explain to SFO excuriating circumstances under which you one cannot go to INS SJ and then probably one get it stamped. I think it is a bit of imagination that INS sends papers to local INS. it is not possible , let;s say one receives approval notice today and they can go tomorrow to INS , does it mean that INS CSC has transferred the papers in 2 days to local office, i doubt it !!

No Title

A few folks tried last year to stamp at SF instead of SJ offce which
approvals specified, but SF refused to help. Nevertheless, people
who recently got approvals should definitely try SF to save yourself
from the horrible line. I suspect SJ office will continue to be
horrible until May, 1.

We need recent passport stamping experience in SJ office. Folks
please post your experiences.

alcapone: it is the other way around -- local INS office sents paper
(I-89 to be exact) to CSC.

ciba

No Title

I went there on Wednesday around 12:00 PM. There were around 100 people in front of me.
By 6:00 AM there were around 400 people in the line. I was able to get in.

On April 30th, the SJ INS takes only 485 applications. I guess this will be a good time.

- Nathi.

No Title

nathi, why SJ INS take only 485 applications on April 30? I thought this ISSUE (too many people outside SJ INS) continues till April 30.

Let me know
Suresh

No Title

My attonery advice me try stamp PP after April 30, 1st week or 2nd week in May to avoid the huge line. There are so many people there do the 245 stuff before it expire on April 30.

No Title

I was in SJ INS on 4/9/2001. Mike Honda and a couple of congress person were there with some camera men. They were calling for "end the immigration mess at NJ INS" because of the long line and people are turned away after hours of waiting. I was told go home that day.

The second day I arrived at 3 AM and got my thing done.

No Title

I feel that a lot of people like us will be attempting to get in on May 1 morning resulting in the same kind of situation as exists today. Plus, there is already a move underway to make this 245i deadline extend for a period of a year or so! If that manages to pass in the congress, then we are dead in the water! Hoping for the best on May 1.