How is a dismissed court( where I peaede guilty) case going to effect a student visa?

needurgenthelpp

Hi everyone,

I am an Indian Citizen. I went to USA for a visit. Where the Cops arrested me with 3 g of marijuana and prescription medicine( I had a prescription). I have deeply regretted about the above situation.

I went to court, where I hired a lawyer who continuously misguided my case and churned more and more money. I was a foreign national who was very naive about the law. I was sentenced 1 month prison and a $100 fine. I also pleaded guilty. This happened 1 year 2 months ago.

After completing the jail sentence and paying the fine, I came back to my country, India. Now I have got admission from top tier MBA colleges in UK. I am applying for a UK student Visa.

After coming back to India, I consulted another criminal lawyer who told me that he can pass a motion to get my case dismissed and than sealed.

If I manage to get the case dismissed do I have to declare about the above in the UK Visa form? I am concerned about these questions

1) Do you have a conviction in any country?
2)Apart from criminal conviction does any thing suggest that your character is not good?

See as far as I have researched I found out that a dismissed case is spent as soon as it is dismissed in the court. That means can I answer no to both the questions above legally? But than I pleaded guilty, will that effect my Visa?

Please guide me further!!

Also please suggest an Immigration Solicitor. I am looking for the best solicitors even if they are very expensive, please suggest

Thanx in advance guys!!

Please help!!

re

I think you must find and immigration solicitor at that place where you want to go because the laws are different for different state.SO he must give you a better advice that which document are necessary for that country according to country laws.

Your phorum post on forums.immigration.com offers the same submit as another article author but i much like your far better.