How intiate enquiry for I 140?

baba_140

Registered Users (C)
I called Vermont to request a case enquiry into my I140 - which should normally be done by these bloodsuckers :mad: .

Unfortunately I was stumped out very quickly. I introduced myself as Petitioner gave employee’s receipt number and asked that I intended to know the case status. The Cust Service agent said since the current dates for EB3 were 4 months past employee’s receipt date - that only way she could help was to initiate an enquiry.

So far so good ... but now the next question she asks me is the Company’s Name and Tax ID. As I did not have the Tax ID handy - I could feel the sweat all over me and next best I could do was to hang up the phone.

1. Do you guys think if there were will be any log of this call against my receipt number?

2. Please help me to identify - all the information utmost they may seek from an employer while initiating such enquiry. Is it usually the HR Dept which intiates such actions or others? Also any lingo’s that I need to be aware about.

Thanks a million in advance,

I called Vermont to request a case enquiry into my I140 - which should normally be done by these bloodsuckers :mad: .

Unfortunately I was stumped out very quickly. I introduced myself as Petitioner gave employee’s receipt number and asked that I intended to know the case status. The Cust Service agent said since the current dates for EB3 were 4 months past employee’s receipt date - that only way she could help was to initiate an enquiry.

So far so good ... but now the next question she asks me is the Company’s Name and Tax ID. As I did not have the Tax ID handy - I could feel the sweat all over me and next best I could do was to hang up the phone.

1. Do you guys think if there were will be any log of this call against my receipt number?
==> Chill out dude, these guys are not the FBI. Nothing will happen.

2. Please help me to identify - all the information utmost they may seek from an employer while initiating such enquiry. Is it usually the HR Dept which intiates such actions or others? Also any lingo’s that I need to be aware about.
==> Have the employer Name, Phone, Address and Tx ID (Available from your W2) ready. I recently called them saying I am calling from ABC's HR and wanted to do a case referral (initiate enquiry in other words) an employees (mine) I-140. Also have your I-140 receipt available.

Thanks a million in advance

thanks sertra2002.

The name of person and phone# were they phony or real that u used. I was planning to give a phony name and the company's main board number?

baba_140 said:
thanks sertra2002.

The name of person and phone# were they phony or real that u used. I was planning to give a phony name and the company's main board number?
That is kiddish. Be creative dude.

baba_140 said:
thanks sertra2002.

try to be more realistic..

On the other hand if your sweating while talking to CSR (for heavens sake it is just CSR) then don't bother as somebody(FDR) said you have nothing to fear but fear itself

baba_140 said:
thanks sertra2002.

That is indeed childish!! You are inquiring about a case , then why all this fear ??

After drawing enough adrenaline I have dared to make a call referral. Thank you guys.

But now I am curious to know if anyone here did initiate such an enquiry in past and if it worked out in their favor (approval).

sertra2002 – Has your LUD changed since you made the call (if the call was made week/two back).