how INS pick people for interview for 485

hellen hu

Registered Users (C)
I notice some people get interviewed before 485 approval, I heard the percentage is about 5%, is that right? and is INS pick for interview randomly or not, if not, what is the criteria?

rsrgc\'s earlier response hope it helps-generally random sampling

Posted By: rsrgc 2/11/02 1:31 PM
(#4 of 5)
interview
Posted By: rsrgc 2/11/02 1:09 PM
(#3 of 3) Many cases are transferred for interview to check on \'Language issues\' and possible fraud.
Generally speaking the education in India is english speaking and Indians do not have a problem with English communication.
Something triggers an interview
Random Sampling, size of company, turnover of company, Job title, Job description, Education Certificates, Country, Marriage duration, job change, salary are some of the parameters
rsrgc "Any case transfered to LA for Interview ?" 2/11/02 1:09pm
-----------
to we

do u think any of the above parameters have triggered an interview call in your case

Of course You can only speculate - INS will not tell u the reason why it has transferred your case for Interview

if u have read earlier posting

of hmmlwtg or hal love

when one of them went for interview and after the full interview (40 minutes) and the officer was completely satisfied and said yes He was approving the case - the lawyer asked him what was the reason for the interview - The officer answered to check if the person belonged to CCCP

I am sure that if we ask the officer the same question the officer may not answer but if lawyer asks then the chance of the officer answering are much more

Bottom line - You will know only after the full interview is over and you get a chance to ask the lawyer

Hope this helps