How i will get the Receipt Date

sp7

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have seen some discussions on RD (Receipt date). My lawyer is planning to sent the papers tommorrow. Is any one please let me know how i will get the RD. whether the lawyer will get it or INS will send me the no.

Thank You.

No Title

It will be there in your 485 reciept. This is the Day in which INS receive your application. ND(Notice Date) is the day in which they send the receipt to you. When you check the AVM they will tell the ND as the receiving day of application.

No Title

I am sorry that nobody bothered to answer this. When your
lawyer sends the papers to INS (485/765 etc.), INS normally
sends you a receipt notice which is similar to H1 approval.
This is called I797C. The receipt notice will have a receipt date(RD), i.e a date on which your application(s) was received by INS
and a Notice date (ND)on which your info was entered on their system,
a Receipt number and an Alien Number.
Normally the RD ND differs by about a week. But now due to the mail frontlog problem, the RD ND difference may be considerable!

Your lawyer is the one who will get the Notice. There is NO courtesy copy of receipt notices. If our lawyer is cooperative, he will tell you when he/she got the receipt notice. This is an important notice:This is proof that INS has you in their system. If it is lost in transit, then bad luck: INS DOES NOT/CANNOT generate a DUPLICATE notice.
Be proactive: bug the lawyer as much possible to get you info. Keep a copy. Also if your lawyer accepts, let him/her send out your personal check for the application fees etc. You will then be able to track
whether INS casehed the check or not. This would mean the application was accepted and the cancelled check normallyhas the Receipt number on it.
Hope this helps.

No Title

Hi Baba Yaga,

You had mentioned that "... This would mean the application was accepted and the cancelled check normallyhas the Receipt number on it. ".

What do you refer here to as "Cancelled Check". Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day.

Regards
Priyadarshini

No Title

It depends on how they file it..
In my case I would be getting the receipt not the lawyer..
Some lawyers file in a way that they get the receipt.