How helpful is Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. Office

needhelp1

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,
I am in the process of contacting Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr who represents our Sixth District in NJ. Any ideas how helpfull is his office in immigration matters ? Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

The staff was nice. However, the response that they got back from USCIS was standard - we are processing cases of xxx date and will take zz months to get to your case. The lady there had told me that these days USCIS is not giving very specific info. However, I feel contacting them did help as I got my FP2 notice after that.

Thanks Buddy. Can you tell me which office did you contact ? I am thinking to contact the New Brunswick Office at the end of the week.

Anybody else has any more inputs please.

I am also going to contact New Brunswick office

2 weeks back i talked to a person there who was really nice and kind. I faxed the letter and came to know after 1 1/2 weeks that they haven't received any fax. This time there was a lady, she told me that currently they are very busy and so I should not expect immidiate action on my request. I did not fax my letter after hearing this.

There is nothing wrong in contacting them. Try out once.
Confirm the fax number on phone first. I got their contact info from their internet site.

Thanks for sharing for your experience. I will have to now draft a good letter in brief about my case and then I will try to contact them.
GC092002 said:
2 weeks back i talked to a person there who was really nice and kind. I faxed the letter and came to know after 1 1/2 weeks that they haven't received any fax. This time there was a lady, she told me that currently they are very busy and so I should not expect immidiate action on my request. I did not fax my letter after hearing this.

There is nothing wrong in contacting them. Try out once.
Confirm the fax number on phone first. I got their contact info from their internet site.

I went to the New Brunswick office also. I went their personally. I got a letter in mail after two days from his office stating that they have forwarded the inquiry to INS. And again, after two days I got the reply stating that INS is currently processing Apr 2002 cases.

needhelp1

I contacted Kilmer-Edison Office. I did talked to them and the staff was very nice and polite. I took the fax number and then i decided to take the advise of forum members before proceeding. As per you and also some of the other forum members advice, i didn't proceed further.
In the mean time, my case got approved. Good luck Needhelp1. Wishing you a speedy approval.
Thanks
Kandy
485 Rd jan082003
nd jan31,2003
Ad sept24,2004
waiting for approval notice.????

Kandy and other friends,
My concern is that if I call the congressman and ask them to enquiry, I am sure that they will come back with the easy reply from CIS that they are processing Sep 02 cases and since my RD and ND are in Jan 2003, it will take some time to approve. And also I didn't receive any reply from FBI Name Check even after faxing and calling them twice in the last two months and I have also emailed them yesterday.

So what I want to know is that when you guys have talked to congressman office, did you just express your frustation or you have any good reason to express our concern as we are all Jan 2003 cases. Please reply.

kandy17 said:
needhelp1

I contacted Kilmer-Edison Office. I did talked to them and the staff was very nice and polite. I took the fax number and then i decided to take the advise of forum members before proceeding. As per you and also some of the other forum members advice, i didn't proceed further.
In the mean time, my case got approved. Good luck Needhelp1. Wishing you a speedy approval.
Thanks
Kandy
485 Rd jan082003
nd jan31,2003
Ad sept24,2004
waiting for approval notice.????

Needhelp1

I didn't express any frustration but I told them its already 20 months. Is there any way, can you do something???.
But I didn't do it like I said earlier. But nothing in wrong in attempting.
Hope this helps.
Kandy

I understand that its nothing wrong in calling them at this stage, but I don't want the oppurtunity to go waste, so I am try to see if anybody has any other ideas which I can use so that the office will try to put some additional pressure on CIS about our cases.

Once again thanks Kandy17 for your suggestion. Can you please let me know what information does the congressman office asks from us. Hope you are enjoying your post GC Life :)

kandy17 said:
Needhelp1

I didn't express any frustration but I told them its already 20 months. Is there any way, can you do something???.
But I didn't do it like I said earlier. But nothing in wrong in attempting.
Hope this helps.
Kandy

Look at this

NeedHelp1

Yes,relaxed. Once stamping is done, I will look into other options.
Regarding congressman; Look at this

Attn: Name of the person
Congressman office
Immigration Dept
Phone:
Fax:

xxxxx
xxxx
Telephone numbers
Email: abc@yahoo.com
Fax: 123-456-6306

Subject: I-485 (Adjustment of Status) – Filed in June xxxx

My I-485 application is at XXX ( Service Center Name) for the last X years. Could you please help us in finding the status of the application or help in expediting the process of the application?
Details:
Receipt Number: EACXXXXX
INS A # xxxxxx
Regards,
(xxxxx)

needhelp1, any luck with congressman?

Have you faxed letter to their office? Any feedback.
Let us know your experience.

Yes. I did fax them a detailed letter and all I got from them is that they have contacted VSC and came to know that VSC is processing NOV12th 2002 and I still have to wait for 2 to 3 months. :mad: :mad: :mad:
GC092002 said:
Have you faxed letter to their office? Any feedback.
Let us know your experience.