How Fingerprints request gets generated??

sr2610

Registered Users (C)
After a long wait, my priroity date and processing date are current now, but my fingerprints will be expiring in this week.
As per my calls to TSC, my name check been cleared, file is some where in record rooms and not assigned to a officer yet :)

My last finger print date was 2/5/2007, any idea on how we get the finger prints request for second time?

It's not yet 15 months so your fingerprints have not yet expired.
Also it looks like thy are not asking for FP even after 15 months, as in my case.

Thanks nj_skm,

it's Feb 5th 2007, so it's 15 months and expired. So you didnt get second finger print request for second time and got the approval? that's good man.

Even I have seen some posts where they pre-approve your 485 and ask you to go to local office and drop the finger prints. He got the approval email after finger prints been done.

I am not sure what will happen to my case, will be lucky if they do it like your case :)

Spoke with an IIO in TSC on last Friday, she said my finger prints will expire on May 5th and she is not sure on how the request will get generated :confused:

She mentioned that If Officer picks up my file and notice fp expire date, he/she might generate fp request and put the file back in record room.

She was not sure about auto generation of fp requests or what options are available for IO, of course my case still needs to get assigned to an IO.

Spoke with an IIO in TSC on last Friday, she said my finger prints will expire on May 5th and she is not sure on how the request will get generated :confused:

She mentioned that If Officer picks up my file and notice fp expire date, he/she might generate fp request and put the file back in record room.

She was not sure about auto generation of fp requests or what options are available for IO, of course my case still needs to get assigned to an IO.

She may be correct!. What I read was still a proposal at that time. I am not sure if it is implemented now. But USCIS stated in the rule for increased fees back in 2007 that it was developing a biometric storage system. Here is the relevant quote:
USCIS is developing the Biometrics Storage System (BSS) w hich will allow the re-use of fingerprints and, if an application or petition has not been adjudicated within the fifteen month validity period, USCIS will be able to simply re-submit the stored fingerprints to the FBI, without any involvement of the applicant or petitioner. See 72 FR 17172 (Apr. 6, 2007) (establishing a new system of records).
It is from this link:
http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=c9aecd408423b3f800b01aa0c83dba52

Further research showed that the BSS (Biometrics Storage System) actually went into effect on May 7, 2007.

DATES: The established system of
records will be effective May 7, 2007
unless comments are received that
result in a contrary determination.

This is from FR 17172 which you can find at:
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getpage.cgi?dbname=2007_register&position=all&page=17172

Last edited by a moderator:
Will calling to TSC makes you know that your name check has been cleared?
Some people say that Those people dont know and cant tell the status?