How FIFO works

ncaug2004

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

Question - I am trying to understand this statement from http://www.immigration-law.com
"At the front-end, the cases are processed on FIFO based on the priority date, but adjudication is done on FIFO based on the order of responses to the requests."

Does this mean that 45 day letters were sent out on FIFO based on priority dates and then the actual judgement is being done based on the FIFO of the replies to those 45 day letters ? Meaning, regardless of what your priority date was, your case will be processed based upon when you responded to the 45 day letter ? I guess that explains ( with exceptions ) why folks from 2001-2002 are still stuck with PBEC ?

Any inputs will be appreciated

I don't think thats it .. My PD is July 2004 and I received my 45 day letter in Feb/Mar 2005 .. people with earlier PD's have received their 45 day letters much later and have already been certified !!

.. I don't think there is any method to this madness .. they are trying to follow FIFO atleast to some extent on a month to month basis but the type of the case RIR/Non-RIR, profession, analyst it gets assigned to, state/region, complexity of the case, how straight forward the case is etc .. all factors come into play .. Only good thing is that atleast its moving now and within a year or so everyone might be able to get out of this mess !!

ncaug2004 said:
Gurus,

Question - I am trying to understand this statement from http://www.immigration-law.com
"At the front-end, the cases are processed on FIFO based on the priority date, but adjudication is done on FIFO based on the order of responses to the requests."

Does this mean that 45 day letters were sent out on FIFO based on priority dates and then the actual judgement is being done based on the FIFO of the replies to those 45 day letters ? Meaning, regardless of what your priority date was, your case will be processed based upon when you responded to the 45 day letter ? I guess that explains ( with exceptions ) why folks from 2001-2002 are still stuck with PBEC ?

Any inputs will be appreciated

Thanks a lot for your input. I agree with you but there are so many conflicting theories and specially the statement made by BEC ( the one I posted previously ) is too confusing. I too recd my 45 day letter in Mar'05, my priority date is Aug 04. Lets hope for the best. I still think that what I am thinking is true to a certain extent.
Regardless of what happens, even if we get our LC tomorrow, it really is not going to help until priority dates become current.

FIFO only in DOL's Words which no one believes

ncaug2004 said:
Thanks a lot for your input. I agree with you but there are so many conflicting theories and specially the statement made by BEC ( the one I posted previously ) is too confusing. I too recd my 45 day letter in Mar'05, my priority date is Aug 04. Lets hope for the best. I still think that what I am thinking is true to a certain extent.
Regardless of what happens, even if we get our LC tomorrow, it really is not going to help until priority dates become current.

My PD is March 2003, I got my 45 day letter in April 2006, while people with PD of 2004-05 got their letters before mine, I do not know who DOL is trying to fool.

Regarding FIFO

My 2 cents:
1. No correlation between 'case entered date' and PD. Cases are entered in batches (grouped by states mainly) containing varied range of PDs.
2. 45 day letter may be related to case entered date - of course this have no relevance to FIFO.
3. Approval date cannot be predicted based on 45 day letter receipt date.
4. Once data entry is complete, cases are expected to process based on PD (as FIFO). In reality, each case is unique - thus calling for varied processing time. Instances like NOF and Case closures can vary the processing time.
5. Based on the case types, regional cases will require least time to process, followed by RIR and TR.
6. TR cases with case source as regional should take same time as RIR. In backlogged states like NY, NJ, CA - the TR processing dates lagged significantly from the RIR counterpart. Therefore a large number of TR with source SWA exists in BECs.

For PBEC FIFO=LIFO=BS

Example : My NON-RIR NOV 2002 case, 45 day letter recived in June 06 after all cases in same Company after my PD had recieved 45 day letters. In same company same location same position one of my colleage with PD in Mid 2004 got recruitment instructions last month. Other colleagues including me with earlier PD have not got RI. Even one of Colleague who had June 2002 PD with recruitment already done before going in Black hole has not recieved approval.

That proves PBEC FIFO=LIFO=BS :)

mma0604 said:
FIFO= Lottery
DOL policy in implementing the strict FIFO is a bad term if they ever practice. FIFO which means the cases should be processed according to the Priority Date of their published literature, can be seen as a total disaster. They slap their own faces stating they will follow what they said, but failure to do so has created bad-enviroment in immigrant community IF they should believe in DOL policy.

Bingo

mma0604 said:
FIFO= Lottery

The whole Green Card thing has become a lottery. No rule ... or maybe worst of all...bad rules for those who thought there was a rule for them to follow. Bogus!!!