How far is this true - NSC Concurrent Processing

plastic_card

Registered Users (C)
Dear ConCurrent Filers
I applied Concurrent on Sep22 2003 under EB2. my I-140 got approved on Feb28th 2005, but I got Email on Mar 1st 2005. No LUD change on I-485. I thought my LUD will change today. But so far It did not Happened. I remember the options when we call NSC. Ther is one option which is 'Filed a group of Petitions together and heard about few and waiting for others'. So I gave a call to NSc and Selected that Option. Surprisingly, there was no wait time. Immediately A representative answered my call. I told her that I applied Concurrently and I heard about my I-140 and did not hear anything about my I-485. Then she asked my 485 Lin number and then Cross checked my First name.Last Name and A number.

Then She answered that Due to Volumes of concurrent applications pending under current I-140 dates {Sep 30 th 2003 }, they are approving first I-14o and pretty soon they will work on I-485. Then I asked her How much time it will be? She said Approximatley two Months. Then I asked her is their anything pending { FBI Check} on my case. She replied back saying 'NO'. Then I asked her, If it takes two month then It will be APril ending or May 1st week. If so.... My finger Prints will Expire. Then she said that, it will not happen and You will hear some thing before May.
Can we trust this? Please suggest.

I hope it is true.

I understand your urgency in trying to get I-485 approved, but getting your I-140 gives you a lot more breathing space.

I wouldnt mind waiting a few months if my I-140 gets approved first.

having said that, I hope and wish your I-485 gets approved very fast.

just relax and wait. two month is nothing compare with more than one year waiting. at least your 140 is approved and you have freedom to change jobs.

pc, dont select the incorrect option. you will get your 485 approved in the next 2 weeks. dont get into trouble for harassing the customer service reps. btw do you have a masters from the us?

How about not concurrent filing?

I have filed first my I -140, got it approved and then filed I 485 in December 2003. Are you telling me that I might have to wait longer because of that?
This does not make any sense....

Congratulations for your I140 approval.

As "waitingnwaiting" mentioned, you have more freedom now which is good.

atanas: I think your I485 application will be processed based on the current NSC processing time report.

For concurrent processing, I140 will be approved only when I485 is in adjucation ready status. There was a memo stating, CIS discontinue concurrent processing after the retrogession. But we are still seeing many concurrent approvals, at least from NSC.

Yes. A number of things done by the USCIS do not make sense. However, I can see two distinct queues - one for concurrent and one for non. You could be in the concurrent queue - who knows.