how early should one apply EAD?

yudhister

Registered Users (C)
how early should one apply EAD (ead renewal)?
Last time i applied 3 months early but it toolk 4 months to get the card. so, can i know the approximately how early can i apply.

Originally posted by yudhister
how early should one apply EAD (ead renewal)?
Last time i applied 3 months early but it toolk 4 months to get the card. so, can i know the approximately how early can i apply.

Apply at least 6 months in advance.

My lawer also suggested to file 6 months in advance. It took 5 months for me to get the EAD renewal.

It is better to apply 6 months in advance. With current processing times, it may take more than 6 months. Further, iEAD is not issued on the same day in some local centres. They will schedule an appointment for a month later. You need to go on that appointment day for iEAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on earlier posts- the earliest you can only apply is 6 mo. So do it then. It is almost taking 5 mo. for approval anyway. Some wonder if they get approved- they would lose the money. I think there is no known way of withdrawing app. and getting refund- so live with it.
HTH

It is better to apply 6 months in advance. With current processing times, it may take more than 6 months.