how does Visa Bulletin monthly numbers affect pending 485 which are emplyment based

lotuses

Registered Users (C)
I am new to the forum - could someone explain how does the Monthly Visa Bulletin affect 485 pending applications . I am EB2 ,EAC02286,nd 09/18/02.
THANKS.

Originally posted by lotuses
I am new to the forum - could someone explain how does the Monthly Visa Bulletin affect 485 pending applications . I am EB2 ,EAC02286,nd 09/18/02.
THANKS.

All employment based immigrant visas are current. If they were not, one could not apply for I-485 unless they become current.

If you already have a pending 485 then the monthly visa bulletin has not effect on your case. It is used before accepting your case to see if there are available visa numbers in your category. If there are available numbers (i.e. they are current) then they accept your case.

Originally posted by guju
If you already have a pending 485 then the monthly visa bulletin has not effect on your case.

This is only 99% correct. The one thing that needs mentioning is should the priority dates retrogress to the point where your date is before the date on the visa ulletin, your I-485 will not be ajudicated even if it is in the queue and on the ajudicator's desk.

Since AC21 vastly increased the usable pool of EB visa numbers by for all intents and purposes scrapping the per-country limit, this is pretty much only a theoretical discussion.