How does the PCC Process Work?

reachmekp

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

Came to know about this recently. was browsing through the site last couple of days..... Kudos to Rajiv for having provided aspiring Immigrants to this country with all necessary information and networking among the users.
I got my labor cleared and in the process of filing for I140, i'm planning to do a CP. I know of the Process is to get a PCC.

Can someone explain to me how does this work. do we have to get a PCC from the Passport office and the Police Station. or just from the Passport office alone will do.

Thanks

U need PCC from each and every country where u stayed for at least 6 months continuously. If u r here (USA), u need to get PCC from the respective indian consualte - the process is pretty simple. For my case, I personally went to Chicago consulate with P/P and its copy ,applied for PCC, and got PCC after some one month. For Other countries PCC, see the website of the countries consulate offices in USA - they will help u.

I would also highly recommend that you do not send the original passport initially. (if sending through mail)

You can send copies initially and after a month (or 45 days) when the PCC is ready (will have to call to inquire) then you can send the original passport.

That's correct !! And yeah, I forgot one more stuff - "While applying for CP in indian consulate u need to submit one copy of P/P size photos.

Thanks Ranen and Manfriday for you quick response.

I did send a copy of mine and my wife's Passport to the Indian Consulate in NY. i heard a few people getting a Police clearance from their local residence police station apart from the consulate issuing a PCC.
i still have a doubt that do we have to get a Police Clearance Certificate from the Local police station within my residential limits in India or the Consulate issued PCC would be sufficient.
Do you guys know what does the consulate issued PCC says?

Thanks

If you are here till your trip for interview, consulate PCC is all that you need. Well, I'm assuming ur interview would be either in Mumbai/chennai/New Delhi.

Thanks Ranen,

I'm here in the US and applied for the PCC..... i'll be taking the chennai US consulate for my interview

I'm also doing the same . I'm pretty much sure that we r safe on the PCC issue - stiill an eye open to the recent interviews' report !!

Ranen,

Did you apply for your I140...... actually i'm talking to my employer to file for I140 with CP.....

I dont have any Idea how they apply for CP along with I140

Do we have to say do we need to go for CP when we apply for the I140. or you file for the regular I140 and then change to CP... but i want it to be straight forward... (i.e)... if there is a way to file for CP along with the I140.... i want to go that way....

will there be a problem to the company if there is Visa Denial for any reason when we go for the Interview.

How is the Process??? is it totally based on the Individual's capability...

Thanks
Kiran

Hi Kiran!!
I opted for CP while applied for I-140. In I-140 application form, u need to give a choice for AOS or CP.
And If VISA is denied , I have no idea whether employer will be affected or not . My guess, employer won't be.
To the best of my knowledge, if VISA is denied, u won't be able to come back here and that's of very remote chance.
Best wishes !!
Ranen

Ranen,

Do you know what are the documents that you have to send to the lawyer.
What are the documents that you sent?

Thanks
Kiran

My GC stage -
Accord to my attorney,my pkt-3 would be mailed today to STL

Actually at the very start of my GC process(ETA-750), our attorney sent a list of all the documents required for GC. I sent them then only(last year) and now only sent PCC. The docs I sent to attorney-
birth certificate,marriage certificate,academic certificates,experience letters, copy of passport, copy of tax returns (since my stay in US) and copies of all H1- approval notices.
I sent all the above docs for my wife too - though she is a homemaker.
I don't know what doc he took from my employer.
Basically all these r not reqd for filing I-140. But it's his style and for that now I'm not running around to collect my birth certificate etc...
Any more Q ?

Local PCC for wife ?

Hello:

Originally posted by Ranen
If you are here till your trip for interview, consulate PCC is all that you need. Well, I'm assuming ur interview would be either in Mumbai/chennai/New Delhi.

I have lived here in the US continuously for the past 7 years
and i got my PCC from the Consulate in San Francisco.

My wife has lived in India till Jan 2002 when we got married and came here. She has a new passport with my last name and
the Consulate in San Francisco gave her the PCC also.

My question is : Does she also have to get a local PCC from India ?
OR
Will the PCC issued by the Indian Consulate in San Francisco do ?

Please advice.

Thank you in advance.

Vasu

Originally posted by Ranen
It should be enough - I think!!

From the "September Chennai Consulate Appointments "
thread :

[snip]

hi all,

emailed Consulate and was told

1. my P4 has been mailed to my local address in Kerala yesterday.

2. Indians applying from abroad need only the embassy PCC.

[snip]

I had a similar case.

I have been living in the US for the past 4 yrs and my wife was in India. We got married in Dec 2001 and she came down with me to the US in Jan 2002.

I had a CP interview in Mumbai in Aug 2002 and we just took the PCC certificate issued by the Indian consulate in the US for both myself and her. At the interview she was not asked for a PCC from India.