How does the GC stamping look like?

facade

Registered Users (C)
Can someone share how the stamp actually looks like.
What does it say? Is their any BCIS/INS seal? Does the officer actually sign it?
Thanks!!!

It's exactly that: just a stamp. It says " Processed for I-551. Temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence valid until (1 year). Employment authorized.
The officer will then write his/her initials and the date underneath, as well as your alien number, the BCIS center initials and other small codes related to IBIS check, etc.
To be honest, the thing doesnt look very "official" or anything... but hey it does the trick, i guess

SS card?

one more question, kind of related to the GC stamp. Can you get your SS card changed to the one without "valid for employment with INS permission" based on this stamp??

You can

Yes I think you need to take your stamped passport and your approval notice, and maybe your old SS card to the social security office... It takes 2 months or so to get into the SS system or so I heard, so wait a little after getting your passport stamped. I got my passport stamped like 6 months ago and I still have not gone to the social security office to change my card... Maybe I should soon.. In any case the stamp is really ugly and "unofficial" looking.. a dissapointment after soooo much waiting. I am still waiting for my actual Green Card... Why does it take so long??? it makes no sense to me.