How does NSC clear Namecheck

AGC4ME

Registered Users (C)
I took an infopass to enquire about my 485 (PD not current), specifically namecheck that's pending from March 2004. I had quite an interesting conversation with the immi officer.

She saw that they took a code 3 (or 1 I forget) in Dec. 2005 which she said was for the card. In that biometric they took photograph etc. She implied that such a notice will go out only when they are ready to issue the card. But my namecheck still showed pending.

Her theory is that every service center does the NC clearance differently. The local office I went to (Portland, Or) matches FBI clearances with pending cases every 2 weeks or 14 days. She was of the opinion that NSC might be doing it differently. They could have obtained the clearance but just not yet updated the records as PD is not current. While this seemed to be a bit far fetched to me I wanted to see what this forum members views are.

Anyone have an idea when NSC matches FBI clearance records with pending cases ?

I disagree with the conclusion. Finger printing code has nothing to do with name check clearance. Some people got code 3 or code 1 simply because people with older cases don't take biometric when they did the first finger prints. I had the same kind of finger print and later found out that name check is still pending. And yet my case is already current.

Name check is a black hole. Just another way US government devised to screw immigrants. There is no upper limit of waiting time and it totally black-box operation and there is no recourse of appeal.

that's right

My namecheck got cleared two weeks ago as per two different
immigration officers. but one said they are more FBI security checks
pending while the other one mentioned that an immigration officer will
look into it pretty soon but nothing happenned , it is a black hole
no doubt about it

What ever document says, I feel name check is a complex process. I feel it takes Name, DOB, Place of birth, Nationality, Ethnicity and much more. I feel it is initiated after FP.

If FBI will run matching only on name they will get millions of hit.

/O