How does labor swap for approved labor work?

bjorn

Registered Users (C)
A friend of mine who works for a major corporation was just told by the company that they had a labor certification approved for another person with extremely similar position and background. However, the person had already married an American and got the Green Card through marriage and does no longer need the approved labor. Instead, the company and their lawyers extended this approved labor to my friend, but did not tell any details how it works. All he was told was that they can do a "labor swap." Does anyone here know what a labor swap means and how it works?

I am a benefeciary of this labor swap. Works great !!!!

The lawyers will directly file I-140 for your friend with the labor swap
paper work. Your friend will have to get experience letter etc
from his prev employers. Then he can also file 485 simultaneously.
This is like skipping the labor cert step and directly jumping ahead....

bjorn said:
A friend of mine who works for a major corporation was just told by the company that they had a labor certification approved for another person with extremely similar position and background. However, the person had already married an American and got the Green Card through marriage and does no longer need the approved labor. Instead, the company and their lawyers extended this approved labor to my friend, but did not tell any details how it works. All he was told was that they can do a "labor swap." Does anyone here know what a labor swap means and how it works?

Thanks, I will let him know! Do you know if the USCIS really scrutinized your credentials to ensure that they matched the labor certification exactly and your employer had to provide lots of evidence, or was it a smooth process for you?