How do you speed up swearing in date?

darchen

I had my interview August 24th and am waiting for my swearing in date. I am travelling to Europe next month and would like a US passport by then to avoid the hassle of having to deal with visas and such. somebody told me I could call my senator's office to help speed up the swearing in date. Has anybody doen this?

Also, once I obtain my citizenship, I'd like to sponsor my mom for a GC ASAP. Anybody know how long it takes?

Thanks for your responses in advance!

Waiting time for the oath ceremony In New Orleans Louisiana

My case is even bad .I passed the citizenship exam on 02/28/2002 more than 7 months ago but still waiting on the oath ceremony.Whenever I go to INS new Orleans to check on my status I get different replies like - give it some more time, give it 2 more months, it may take 2-5 years and so on and so forth.I need advice mysefy as it is been 22 months I applied for the citizenship receipt date - 01/29/2001. My finger prints expired in june /2002 and they retook my fingerprints and it is already 5 months after my second finger prints.Seems like we are taking the longest in the whole country.

One way to speed up the processing would be to move to a different office that is not backlogged. Once you are there, contact the local office to get your address changed, they will request the file and set you up in their next oath ceremony.

However, technically you need to live in that district for 3 to 6 months before they assume jurisdiction, so you must actually establish residence, with employment, etc.. not just pop over for a visit.

You might also contact the US Senator or US Representative for your district to query why the long wait between interview and naturalization Oath...

citizenship

which is the state which takes less duration to get citizenship
my friend is waiting for interview.if anybody can answer this ,that
will be a great help