how do you know your n 400 case has been sent to FBI

aminem3000

Registered Users (C)
Hi i been waiting for my interview for a like three months now and i was wondering whether they are going to inform me if my case has been sent to the FBI.. thanks in advance

Two types of information are sent to FBI.
1. Finger prints and you can call the Finger print dept of FBI and find out if they returned your details.
2. Name Check. Generally sent before you even do your FP. You can find out the sent date and received date through an Infopass. The phone line people who man the USCIS phones do not have access to this information. They are lowly paid school drop outs and not USCIS officers. The last time I called to find out about my FP letter, a lady told me security checks are done after the interview!

Phone lines are useful if you are outside USCIS time lines and you want to request a status inquiry. If your FP are lapsed they can get a new FP request generated as well.

Hi i been waiting for my interview for a like three months now and i was wondering whether they are going to inform me if my case has been sent to the FBI.. thanks in advance

I guess what I meant is that they won't inform you automatically. You can find about fingerprints reaching FBI, but that unfortunately doesn't mean anything, some people have had to redo fingerprints, and didn't find out in their call to FBI. I agree with brb2, Infopass is your best bet. However, I don't know what is the "real" processing times for Chicago nowadays, and it could be that your case is still within the regular time frame, or could have hit a bump with name check.

PS: The short answer, long answer post was supposed to be humorous ;)

Good luck

It doesn't really matter. Just sit back and relax. Until 6 months go by, no one (who can do anything) will care about your complaints. If you are stuck in name check, there isn't much you can do until about 2 years go by.

Does knowing exactly where your application is in the process (which is very difficult, things happen in parallel) help you in any way?