How do you find out when the namecheck was done?

There is no good way to know at this moment. Maybe sometimes you can get some clue from the INS officer over the phone, but you need some luck.

From what I have seen , they seem to do this as soon as you file for 485. All my friends (about 19 of them) and I faxed the FBI for status (Even though we were not sure if USCIS has requested FBI) and found out that USCIS requested for name check with in a month or two of our 485 receipt date.
We contacted FBI after we gave finger prints, thinking that name check will be done along with or after the FP. But we found out that our name checks finished 4-8 months ahead of FP.

IndoKiddo said:
From what I have seen , they seem to do this as soon as you file for 485. All my friends (about 19 of them) and I faxed the FBI for status (Even though we were not sure if USCIS has requested FBI) and found out that USCIS requested for name check with in a month or two of our 485 receipt date.
We contacted FBI after we gave finger prints, thinking that name check will be done along with or after the FP. But we found out that our name checks finished 4-8 months ahead of FP.

You are right! Name check is done by FBI after request from USCIS and submission of a Biographical Form (G-325?) summary. This is done only once.
The FP results expire after 15 months and USCIS sends second FP notices and FBI again.
In the meantime, USCIS is doing their own IBIS checks, whose validity was 35 days and maybe changed to 90 days. These are the problematic ones, as they are done by our beloved adjudicators with additional training on IBIS.

Guys,

I have called FBI twice and today I faxed them again. I just tried to learn whether my name check status has been done or not. But no response has been received from FBI??

Is that too strange? Anybody around has the similar experience.

thx.

:confused:
IndoKiddo said:

Well you never know :),
I faxed on june 18th and they replied on august 2. Even that one and half month's time seemed like eternity to me. Wait for some more time man. They will reply some day.
One thing I do not know though. I am not sure what do they do if they USCIS never requested for name check...

givemegreencard said:
Guys,

I have called FBI twice and today I faxed them again. I just tried to learn whether my name check status has been done or not. But no response has been received from FBI??

Is that too strange? Anybody around has the similar experience.

thx.

:confused:
:) :confused: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can some one give me the phone number and fax number of FBI name check?
What is that they do with name check?

FBI Name Check FAX: (202)324-3367
They check criminal databases and see if you were arrested or convicted by court of law. And send the info back to USCIS.

May be they should create FAQ or Sticky for this,

So far I have faxed twice, one in the first week of July and another last week. I did even leave a voice mail. No word til date. I am a little hesitant to call/fax them again.

When I sent an expedite requuest to INS in the first week of July, I received a letter from them saying I should hear something in 30 to 60 days. Does that mean, name check is completed and my file is sitting on someone's desk waiting to be picked up and approved? Can I expect approval within 60 days. Has anyone in this forum got a similar reply and got approved in the mentioned timeframe? Any input would be helpful.

Thank You

304-625-5590 or 304-625-2406 for finger print
202 324 2399 for name check
fax: 202-324-3367

nyes_68 said:
Can some one give me the phone number and fax number of FBI name check?
What is that they do with name check?

bunchofquestion said:
So far I have faxed twice, one in the first week of July and another last week. I did even leave a voice mail. No word til date. I am a little hesitant to call/fax them again.

When I sent an expedite requuest to INS in the first week of July, I received a letter from them saying I should hear something in 30 to 60 days. Does that mean, name check is completed and my file is sitting on someone's desk waiting to be picked up and approved? Can I expect approval within 60 days. Has anyone in this forum got a similar reply and got approved in the mentioned timeframe? Any input would be helpful.

Thank You

I came to know that FBI replies to Faxes on status on name checks in a FIFO method. So if you fax them today they will put it in a file wiating for its processing date to be 'current' ! :) This is because they receive so many faxes, that they have to have some sort of system to reply. Ofcourse, they never 'publish or announce these dates, but it is there, beleive me. Currently they are replying to faxes received in June, and once fninshed will move to July and so on...

Last edited by a moderator: