How do you find LUD?

jac2005

Registered Users (C)
I have been looking at the case tracker on the uscis website but cant find a LUD field. Where is everbody getting this date from? I just have

On November 2, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

So is Nov 2, 2004 my LUD? I havent had any interview notice and its been 10 months since I applied.

k....figured it out...you need to create an account on the cis website.....so if my LUD is still of 2nd Nov 2004, is that a bad thing? Does that mean that my case is at a standstill?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jac2005,
I presume LUD is "Last Updated Date"? If so, mine still shows May 2nd, 2005 for my I-485, but I got an interview notice inthe mail yesterday. No mention of that online. I was VERY pleasantly surprised! So I would say no, your online LUD probably does not necessarily reflect updates on your case. For my EAD application, the opposite was true - it was updated every time there was any action and I could track it easily. Seems erratic at best. You may want to go talk to your local DO and see what's up?
Good luck!

jckii said:
Jac2005,
I presume LUD is "Last Updated Date"? If so, mine still shows May 2nd, 2005 for my I-485, but I got an interview notice inthe mail yesterday. No mention of that online. I was VERY pleasantly surprised! So I would say no, your online LUD probably does not necessarily reflect updates on your case. For my EAD application, the opposite was true - it was updated every time there was any action and I could track it easily. Seems erratic at best. You may want to go talk to your local DO and see what's up?
Good luck!

Hi jckii,

When did you file your application though? Its now 10 months since I filed and the last updated date on it is Nov 2nd 2005 when I did my FP. I am presuming that your LUD of May 2nd 2005 was when USCIS forwarded your application to your local office. I ma trying to see if I can get my senator to help though.

Jac.

Hi Jac,

I filed on April 16th, 2005. Hence my amazement that I have an interview in little more than 4 months since that date! I am in Los Angeles though - judging by others on the forum, this DO does seem to move pretty fast. Where are you located? Getting a congressperson involved seems like a good idea regardless - a simple marriage-based GC (assuming that's what you're filing) shouldn't take so long.