How do I stop or cancel I-485 process?

taesung

EB2
PD Sep 2003
I-140 ND Feb 2004, AD March 2004
I-485 ND April 2004
FP Nov 2004

I decided to go back to my home country at the end of February. To receive VISAs for future visit to USA, I think it would be best if I stop or cancel my I-485 process.

(1) Does anyone know how to do it?
(2) What if I just leave I-485 process? If it gets approved somehow while I'm outside USA, is it possible to get GC?

Thanks in advance.

taesung said:
EB2
PD Sep 2003
I-485 ND April 2004
FP Nov 2004

I decided to go back to my home country at the end of February. To receive VISAs for future visit to USA, I think it would be best if I stop or cancel my I-485 process.

>> You can write a letter to processing center asking them to cancel your 485 application. You dont require employers help in this as 485 is your application.

(2) What if I just leave I-485 process? If it gets approved somehow while I'm outside USA, is it possible to get GC?
>> if you dont inform USCIS and ir 485 gets appproved then you'll have to come back on AP or valid visa to get stamping done on ur PP. If you want
to proceed this way, give some US address so that USCIS can send approvals and RFE's. If you have an attorney then he/she can handle RFE's even if you r not physically present in US. Make sure you have valid AP to enter back.

taesung said:
EB2
PD Sep 2003
I-485 ND April 2004
FP Nov 2004

------ attach the I-485 filing reciept Copy, write a letter with your Name, DOB, A# I-485 reciept # that you want to WITHDRAW the I-485, send this letter with certified return reciept mail, out side the envelpe write in big bold letters "Want to Withdraw pending I-485" mail the letter to your service center
---- then follow the advice given by "fast_gc_seeker " dont leave US with out getting AP in hand. OR if your employer can support you then convert the I-485 to CP, your lawyer can advice you.
Thanks in advance.