How do i reopen my case? I-485

Jane could you please have a look at this and tell me what you think:
my wife made in 2004 :12.000$ , 2003 : 12000 $, and in 2002: 8.000 $
I made in 2004 : 22.000$, 2003 : 4000 $, and in 2002 i wasn't here,
Can i apply help her sponsor me, for example she files the I-864, and I file I-864a for myself? is that possible?

Jane Green said:
Hi
Now, what situation you are talking about? Did anything else happen after your money order was returned? Did you get your Notice of Action ( the I-485 receipt) yet? Any other letters form Immigration?

My co-sponsor wasn't able to find her 2002 tax return, so what we did we submitted 2000, 2001, 2003 instead. I just pray that it won't hurt my application.
Now, if they do ask for 2002 tax return, we already contacted the IRS and the're going to give her some copies of it.
Anyway, thanks for your reply. It helped a lot.

And to you too Myaj, thanks for the reply

You know Sheilashy, I don't intend to scare you or anything, but i was denied because my co-sponsor submitted tax return of 2002 2001 and 1999 which was a crazy idea costed me a lot, i got denied because of that, it was even stated in the denial letter: you were required to submit the last three tax returns, and you submitted 2002 2001 1999 instead......... therefore you failed to submit the required documents and ....until they stated that for all these reasons i got denied, including that i didn't submit a passport size picture, knowing that i have never been asked to submit one.......
so my whole point here is you have to find the tax return of 2002 and maybe send it to them before they decide in your case. I'm already in a mess now, and i don't want you to be in the same mess,

myaj said:
Jane could you please have a look at this and tell me what you think:
my wife made in 2004 :12.000$ , 2003 : 12000 $, and in 2002: 8.000 $
I made in 2004 : 22.000$, 2003 : 4000 $, and in 2002 i wasn't here,
Can i apply help her sponsor me, for example she files the I-864, and I file I-864a for myself? is that possible?

OK, I looked….if you were filing your initial I-485, then I might say “go for it”, but
yours I-485 is already denied and this is a motion to reopen you getting ready to file.
So, I want to advice you to talk to the immigration attorney. You don’t have to hire him/her or pay big $$. Just make an appointment; it’s usually $100 for the first hour. Talk to the man, tell him or her what you got so far and ask for the legal advice. You can still re-file your application on your own, but just a consultation, to make sure you won’t make another mistake, won’t hurt.
Sorry, I can’t help you and Good luck!
JG

myaj said:
You know Sheilashy, I don't intend to scare you or anything, but i was denied because my co-sponsor submitted tax return of 2002 2001 and 1999 which was a crazy idea costed me a lot, i got denied because of that, it was even stated in the denial letter: you were required to submit the last three tax returns, and you submitted 2002 2001 1999 instead......... therefore you failed to submit the required documents and ....until they stated that for all these reasons i got denied, including that i didn't submit a passport size picture, knowing that i have never been asked to submit one.......
so my whole point here is you have to find the tax return of 2002 and maybe send it to them before they decide in your case. I'm already in a mess now, and i don't want you to be in the same mess,

It is crazy they would deny an application because of one paper was missing…. But it is a requirement. If the I-485 you filed based on family sponsorship, then you must include everything that was asked in the instruction. Including pictures. What do you mean you were never asked abut the picture? It is written right there, in the instruction to every form (I-485, I-131, I-765) to submit two color passport sized pictures with your application.

thank you Jane.
I sumbitted 2 photos the first time I applied, when i filed my I-485 the first time, i submitted it, a picture is not a big deal if i was asked to do so. but anyways, like you said I'm going to make a phone consultation and pay whatever they ask for, I'm running out of time, do you know any good lawyer to consult on the phone?

Tell us the truth

Well first of all INS wont deny your case just cos u were missing a paper, when i applied, i didnt attached W2's(My wife was my sponsor).I got a letter in mail that I have to resubmit the docs agian, which I did and everything was ok.
so what are you hiding?explain your situation

i had the interview, and were told in the interview that i need to submit the tax return, because i didn't have them with me in the interview, i mailed to them 2003 2002 1999 instead of 2001 and i was denied after that, i couldn't submit 2001 because my co-sponsor didn't have it, i didn't think of changing the co-sponsor, now i'm trying to change ,maybe sponsor myself and file the I-864a, while my wife files the I-864 again....

must be joking....

Excuse me?its a joke right?you didnt think?well I am assuming that its a phony marriage so cant really help you............

what does a phony marriage mean? and what are u fussing about? if u have an advice you can simply give it to us, no need to add to my misery.
You're talking as if I wanted it to myself, I wasn't expert in immigration issues, and also it wasn't up to me, my mother-in-law was the one who was co-sponsoring me and she was saying that it's ok, you will get approved even without the tax returns...and because she didn't have them and also I couldn't find any other co-sponsor, they didn't know how strict the INS is. but anyway, now it's late, and i really don't know what's the use of such comments, at least you could pray for us if you don't have an advice, thank you guys anyways, Jane and the rest thank you, I found a sponsor who meets the requirement and I will submit everything before saturday, thank youuu guys

Last edited by a moderator: