How do I prove I complied J1 two year home rule

Kricool

What is the proof USCIS requires that someone complied with J1 2 year home rule?

I was on J1 in 1994. I complied and went to India and stayed till 1997. Then I became a canadian citizen and recently came to united states on H1. My I140 is approved and i am considering I485.

What proof I need to show to INS that I complied with J1? The Indian Passport was surrendered when I became a canadian. What other proof is required? Any help is appreciated from users who actually were on J1 and complied the home rule without a waiver and obtained green card.

Or is it better to do CP? If yes what proof they will ask?

Hi

From 1994 to 1997 you would have worked somewhere in India.I think the appointment letter along with salary statements (Pay stub)and tax statement should be sufficient to prove that you were in india for three years.

You can also show house rent receipts if you had stayed in a rented house.

Ration Card and Police clearance certificate for three years from the local police where you had lived.

This much should comply the requirement.
Kalingan
akalingan@yahoo.com

Thanks for your reply. It has been close to 7 years I visited India. My mother lives there and I do not know whether I can find the old receipts. Heck.. even my passport was surrendered to canadian consulate in vancouver.

I was wondering what USCIS or the CP consulate actually asked from someone with real experience . Then I will make a visit to India and grab those papers.