How difficult to renew EAD? My lawyer ask extra money for this.....is it worth to pay or do it ourse

No Title

Few days back I sent my renwal for my EAD.It is very simple. All you need is download the EAD application i-765.It has application form and all the details, it will take hardly 10 mts to take a print, fill it and send it with copies of supporting documents viz, I-485 receipt notice, Previous EAD if you have, I-94 card.
Also 2 passport size photographs and $100.00 check in favour of INS.

No Title

Make sure you need 2 immigration photos instead of passport photos
when you take your picture.

No Title

Going to local INS, You can get your EAD at the same day and you do not need have your own picture
They will take picture for you at the same time and it is include at $100.00 application fee.

No Title

do you mean local INS can always renew EAD without any problem? or you have to prove to them you are in a emergency kind of situation?

No Title

As I know, there do not have any different about first time or emergency situation.
If you DO NOT sent your application to NSC (or any Service Center).
You always can apply the EAD and AP at local INS office.

I did that at Indianappolis local INS office

PS: In some case, if you send your EAD application to Service Center more that 30 day (??) , you still can apply the inter??? EAD at local INS office.( Sorry I do not know the correct name for that)

No Title

I believe if apply EAD for the first time, they only take mail-in rather than walk-in. I am just not sure about renew. is yours renew and you walked in? thanks, buddy.

No Title

Thanks a lot. My lawyer is asking $100 for my EAD and $100 for my wife\'s EAD. I thought everyone goes thru lawyer only..appriciate...

No Title

That EAD is my first time apply.
I do not know about the renew.

I just work in and wait there for 2 hours, they took picture and give to me at the same day.

No Title

I applied by myself as recommended by attorney office as they charge $300 per applicant in attorney fees!

I made a fillable EAD form (recent from INS) and is available at ImmiTracker.com ResourCenter.

I felt it is faster (no need to wait for busy attorney time!), cheaper and no overhead of checking every alternate days to see whether it is dispatched by attorney, no attorney error chances(!?), and then the receipt comes to your home address!

No Title

Hi Myladoor ,

Which INS offfice was it, was it chacago INS office . I am in the same horrible situation. My EAD expires on 4/18 . I don\'t know exactly what to do . My lawyer says, take a termination letter from your employer , and I get a very shady feeling about that . I asked her that might affect my green card process . She says it will not. But I am not very confident of her advice.
What do you think.

Thanks Mayank

No Title

Alan Border, I am not sure I understood th question? The INS office I applied AOS and EAD is Nebraska Service Center.