how did you find out your RFE or your approval?

samwhite

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I submitted 140+485 in June to TSC. This week I noticed that the LUD for 140 changed TWO days in a row and then stopped. The 485 was not touched at all. There is NO change in the online status (still the same as "we received your application..."). There is NO email notification.

If you received an 140 RFE or approval before, could you please share your experience how you found out your approval or RFE?

Someone said it is a bad sign because 485 was not touched. But someone said 485 will only be touched after fingerprints etc.

Someone said if a RFE is issued, the LUD usually changes for 3 days in a row or even more than 3 days. And LUD change for 2 days (and stopped) is probably an approval. Is this theory true?

Could you please share how did you find out your 140 RFE or approval? Is it (not counting the LUD at the very beginning when they receive your application)

1. LUD changed for 2 (3? 4?...) days and at the last day of LUD change, you received an email about the RFE or approval?

2. LUD changed for 2 (3? 4?...) days and stopped. After that several days passed by, and then LUD suddenly changed again and you received an email about the RFE or approval?

3. LUD changed for 2 (3? 4?...) days and stopped. After that several days passed by with no LUD change and no email, and then you received the actual RFE or approval notice in the mail?

4. You received the actual RFE or approval letter in the mail with no LUD change and no email at all?

Please share TSC information. Thank you for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD change in my opinion is random..it is hard to predict anything..you should be happy that someone is working on your case..In my case, I came to know about RFE when I received E-mail and LUD changed along with the e-mail notice. My I485 LUD changed only after FP.
Are you in EB1 category?
Good luck.

I am EB2/NIW. Did the LUD ever change before the email? I mean the LUD only changed once along with the email? Thanks.

Toxsci said:
LUD change in my opinion is random..it is hard to predict anything..you should be happy that someone is working on your case..In my case, I came to know about RFE when I received E-mail and LUD changed along with the e-mail notice. My I485 LUD changed only after FP.
Are you in EB1 category?
Good luck.

samwhite said:
I am EB2/NIW. Did the LUD ever change before the email? I mean the LUD only changed once along with the email? Thanks.
No. LUD changed on the day I received e-mail.

I only had one LUD change before my first RFE. I also go the email.

BTW: The LUD on my I-485 has changed today.
Hopefully somebody is working on it

Changes in LUD

HI.

I also submitted 140+485 in September 04. NO changes in Lud after June 3 05. That day (June 3rd) the LUD changed for me, my wife, and my daugther JUST for the I485 (NOT FOR THE I140, which still shows the same message from Sept 04 "Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on September 16, 2004. We mailed you.......")
The new date in 485 is June 3rd, and says that "On June 2, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in MIAMI, FL for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months......) That change was the same for the 3 of us..... NO CHANGE IN 1-140
A month later, (07/06/05) the date changed, JUST FOR TWO OUT OF THE THREE OF US, but it changed just the date, the information is still the same for the three of us, as it was in June 3, 2005.... NO EMAIL NOTIFICATION, AT ALL....
We did fingerprints almost 2 months ago (me and my wife, my daughter is just 5 years old)

My lawyer says, that when Texas sends the case to the regional office (in my case, Miami, they send everything (140 and 485) because the 140 is already APPROVED. But he (we) checked on the status of my I140, and it is still PENDING. My lawyer says, no regional office (Miami) can approve or denied any I 140. So he does not understand why Texas send to Miami my case if it has not been appoved......

Does anybody knows why do Texas send a case to a regional office without a
approving it???? What does that means??? Please help......!!!!!

Please share TSC information. Thank you for sharing!

I remember seeing people say their 140 were mistakenly transferred to local offices. And they spent lots of time and energy trying to get the 140 back from local office to Service Center. Please call the service cenetr to make sure your 140 still stays there.