How Did All Those Employment-Based Numbers Get "Used" So Quickly?

Nadi

Registered Users (C)
Rajiv S. Khanna on Tue, 07/03/2007 - 2:43pm.

How Did All Those Employment-Based Numbers Get "Used" So Quickly?

AILA members have been receiving reports from multiple officials within USCIS indicating that USCIS HQ recently issued instructions to pull for adjudication every employment-based case that had been pending for more than six months, regardless of whether background checks were cleared. USCIS offices report having worked all of the weekend of June 30, 2007, to comply with these instructions. This was apparently to use up as many visa numbers as possible in order to try to cut off receipt of new filings when most employment-based visa categories came current on 7/1/07.

Note that this information has not been confirmed by USCIS HQ.

so does this mean all those who applied long time ago and waiting,have been allocated their numbers?or is it that all allocated numbers have been approved?is there any hope for those who have filed more than 6 months ago will see approvals in the upcoming months before october?

can any one answer

Am i missing some thing here. Iam hearing that they approved lot of cases over the weekend. Is that true. Does that mean people who applied for 485 in 2003 and 2004 in EB3 will get approved in the coming weeks

This may be true, since there was a LUD change on 30th June for i-485 cases which are eligible for approval in July as per old visa bulletin.

My i-485 had LUD change on 30th June, but no changes after that, Iam not sure if there is any hope now.

Couple of my friends had some LUD's on Wednesday and they recieved their plastic cards on Saturday.They were shocked.Thier PD's are in Dec 2002

just plain direct GC.

My friend just called me .. when he opened the mail box today ... he got PR card for the entire family.

NO LUD on 485 .. no emails he got .. just plain direct GC.

Center : NSC
PD : Oct 2002.

Congrats

My friend just called me .. when he opened the mail box today ... he got PR card for the entire family.

NO LUD on 485 .. no emails he got .. just plain direct GC.

Center : NSC
PD : Oct 2002.
Congratulate your friend on our behalf! One lucky family:)

This looks really random. I don't see anything happening with my case. It's still pending with PD Dec. 2001 and 485 RD Dec 2004. It's EB3, filed at VSC, but xfered to TSC in March 07. Do you guys think that my case has any chance of getting approval soon or it'll be another long wait?

Nobody knows whats happening but i sincerely hope that you get your green card soon. My PD is in 2003 with all cleared(name check, finger prints cleared)
Last time they contacted from senators office they told that i might receive with in one month but now again this retrogression.

But i never lost hope through this process. I just find ways to divert my mind on other things. Lets see.

They cannot approve before the name check clears.
They can reserve a number and waste it happily.

I got approval email on 6/26 and approval notice on 6/27.
The congressman's office where I enquired couple of weeks ago called me this morning and told me the response they got from INS is that my case still pending security check and call after a month.

Can you believe these guys ?

EB3 - PD AUG 2002 - RD JUNE 2004 - AD 26JUNE207 - NSC.
No cards yet.