How dependants get GC after interview?

rubinop

Registered Users (C)
I got my passport stamped last week:D at the interview. I have a 14 years old son, who's sponsored by my husband as well. While my lawyer always told me that if I get approved, he will be automatically, the immigration officer, at the interview, told me that I will receive in the mail an appointment letter for him. It will be just a formality, but he will have to go for the interview with my husband.
Who's right? The lawyer or the immigration officer?
Thank you very much for you help, as usual.

I got my passport stamped last week:D at the interview. I have a 14 years old son, who's sponsored by my husband as well. While my lawyer always told me that if I get approved, he will be automatically, the immigration officer, at the interview, told me that I will receive in the mail an appointment letter for him. It will be just a formality, but he will have to go for the interview with my husband.
Who's right? The lawyer or the immigration officer?
Thank you very much for you help, as usual.

I filed for myself and my daughter, 13. We received everything on the same day i.e. fp, NOAs, ILs, etc. Our interview was the same time, same place, she received her IL, I received mine. Her interview was on the 2nd fl, mine was on the 3rd, same time. I just left her on 2nd floor and my husband and I went to 3rd fl for my interview. When we came back down, she had been told that she couldn't do the interview without my husband who is the petitioner. So later the officer called us in, we all went in (her, my husband, and I) though I wasn't really needed.

So, your lawyer is wrong, the officer is right.

Thanks Jupiter 07. That's very helpful.
Do you remember your daughter's interview? Was it difficult or just a formality?

Thanks Jupiter 07. That's very helpful.
Do you remember your daughter's interview? Was it difficult or just a formality?

Pretty much a formality. The officer swore in my husband, asked us how our interview went... told him it was approved. Then asked why my daughter was sad, I told him we had woken up at 3 am to do a 6hr drive to the DO, we haven't eaten or and we're tired.. that's why. Then he offered us all some water and peanut butter crackers :confused: (yeah, with the peanut butter stories I didn't get any. My daughter got some but doesn't like peanut butter, so she didn't eat, my husband ate cos apparently he forgot what's going on with peanut butter).

Nway, then he asked how we met... he asked my husband but since he had those crackers in his mouth I told him I will answer for him and went ahead and did just that. He had asked for my husband's ID when we got in. So he asked for my daughter's passport and said he will take the I/94 if it's still valid :confused: being a student our i/94 only have D/S. That was it, he then said he will have to go get my file and reconcile it with my daughter's. But anyway, I myself hadn't had a difficult interview either.

Last edited by a moderator:
And you didn't remind him?

Not in that office, I didn't want to do or say anything that may annoy the officer. But I was thinking... how dare he (how dare the officer offer us and how dare my husband eat?) I asked my husband only after the interview, that's when he told me he forgot... Anyway, so far he hasn't fallen sick. :p

Last edited by a moderator: