How can I tell I140 was for CP ?

vorda

Registered Users (C)
Hi, guys.
I heard many stories about people having their I-140 approved for CP, and then applied for I485. They all say that process takes a little longer in their case because of additional overhead when their paperwork needs to be transfered back from the consulate in the home country.
Can you please tell me what info should I look on my I140 in order to determine that my application wasn\'t approved for CP?
I appreciate any input.

Can you please be more specific?

I did check that (of course), but although the consular action is mentioned in the text of the approval, there is no reference to "Consular processing" anywhere in the document.
Here is the relevant part of the text:

"The above petition has been approved. We have sent it to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC), Porthsmuth, NH. NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action. It also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. The NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate"

That this mean I140 is approved for CP or just regular I485?

Thanks.

It looks like CP

When it says it is sent to NVC, it normally means I140 with CP. You can still file for I485, but it might take 1-2 months longer. Ofcourse, we have seen a posting with I140 approved as CP, but filed I485. It got approved in normal time of a year.

same

my I140 had the same text--I called NVC--their AVM says that they know that I have applied for AOS..and will send documents when INS ask for it etc etc

YES IT IS CP !!!!. Go through the thread "Pending Discussion (important") before jumping t

I know its CP because I am ongoing suffer..Approved for CP does not mean
that you can\'t apply for AOS..