• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How can i change interview location?

alberto1

Hi all, just a few quick questions about the interview location because i couldn’t find any satisfying answers so far

My case number is close to 2014EU41000, and if things go right, i might have an interview in September. Problem is that due to work i will be in another European country from mid-August to October or November.

Can i change my interview location to that country?

I consider the following things:
  • How easy is to change interview location and what paperwork is needed?
  • How long does it take?
  • Do i need to bring any extra documents at the interview or extra proof about changing locations?
  • Will that change affect my chances of an interview and getting a GC? (eg. new consulate being more/less busy than the former one or the change putting me back in the queue or anything else)
All answers appreciated

What should I elaborate? Maybe that make the transfer in time or maybe not. I wouldn't trust USCIS at all.

They can take a few weeks to Process paperwork. So if you send that now, you make not be processed when they setup the September interviews. So, you would be likely introducing risk that you delay your interview - not a good idea this year. Personally I wouldn't change at this point.

It's a massive risk, plain and simple.

If it was me - I'd wait for my interview date, (you might not even be selected), fly home for one day for the interview then fly back that night.

I agree with the above re the time, perhaps to clarify that it is not actually 3 months from KCC perspective as they seem to normally have finalised the interview schedule about two months in advance. So it is one month. Not much at KCC seems to happen in less than a month. AND... If you do a search of the forums you'll find a few threads where people were told they had been changed and then discovered in their 2NLs that they actually hadn't been. Safer to stick with your original one at this point given how close to FY end we are. Also, c'mon dude, it's Europe. It takes like 2 seconds to fly from one country to another :D

I agree with the above re the time, perhaps to clarify that it is not actually 3 months from KCC perspective as they seem to normally have finalised the interview schedule about two months in advance. So it is one month. Not much at KCC seems to happen in less than a month. AND... If you do a search of the forums you'll find a few threads where people were told they had been changed and then discovered in their 2NLs that they actually hadn't been. Safer to stick with your original one at this point given how close to FY end we are. Also, c'mon dude, it's Europe. It takes like 2 seconds to fly from one country to another :D

2 seconds??? Where is your data on that? ;-)

thank you all, i guess i will have to spend 2 seconds more on September, and 2 seconds to come back;)

and i thought bureaucracy was much lower in the USo_O

Anyway are there any chances at all for my 40800+ number on September? (honestly... i won't get offended if i'm already written off)

thank you all, i guess i will have to spend 2 seconds more on September, and 2 seconds to come back;)

and i thought bureaucracy was much lower in the USo_O

Anyway are there any chances at all for my 40800+ number on September? (honestly... i won't get offended if i'm already written off)

Wow, you have a shock coming about bureaucracy!

Yes you have good chance for September. I think they will increase the number somewhat for September.

Wow, you have a shock coming about bureaucracy!

A shock huh? That's what happens after 6 years of the liberals in power

Vote republican people. Then with the apropriate FEE your can transfer your case between consulates as many times as you like.

REDNECKS-FOR-RICK-PERRY-2012-AND-MORE-64265619734.jpeg

Hey everyone!
I'm a DV-2015 winner, CN 10***, I also plan to change my interview location.
Can you please shed some light on when in advance should I ask for the change, and how long it would take to be processed?
Thanks a lot! :)

Hey everyone!
I'm a DV-2015 winner, CN 10***, I also plan to change my interview location.
Can you please shed some light on when in advance should I ask for the change, and how long it would take to be processed?
Thanks a lot! :)

Anyone please?

You will probably interview quite late but if you already know you need a new location you may as well tell them now. If you haven't already submitted your DS260 just put there where you want to be interviewed.

You will probably interview quite late but if you already know you need a new location you may as well tell them now. If you haven't already submitted your DS260 just put there where you want to be interviewed.

Thanks Susie! Helpful as always!

Anyone please?

The processing has changed, so no one really knows yet how this will work in DV2015. In 2014 we used to work on a change of details on already submitted forms as needing aroun 4-6 weeks for processing - depending on the time of year. If you left less than that, you would probably delay your interview.

The processing has changed, so no one really knows yet how this will work in DV2015. In 2014 we used to work on a change of details on already submitted forms as needing aroun 4-6 weeks for processing - depending on the time of year. If you left less than that, you would probably delay your interview.

Thanks Simon, Susie reminded me that I can choose my embassy when I fill DS-260, which I haven't done yet. So hopefully it won't be a problem, I'll just choose the embassy when filling DS-260.
Thanks a lot!