How can I-140 get revoked?

sxg1

Hi All -
I applied I-485 in November last year and have an EAD with me now. I am planning to look for another job as my current company is very shaky. I hired my attorney to handle all the GC process from begining and paid everything by myself. Also, our HR staff all get fired recently. So basically no one in my company knows my attorney. The only thing my company has is a copy of my I-140.

My question is: How much of a chance that my current company could revoke my I-140 after I switch my job? Also how often an I-140 revoke would happen in other portability cases?

Thanks for your help!

How can we judge about a company's reaction to you changing job?!
I dont think there is any statistics available for that kind of information:)

However in most cases BCIS will generate a RFE for proof of employment that is all.

As what I knew, once your I-485 filed after 6 months, the company help you to apply I-140 can not revoke it anymore. Check your online I-140 status, you will know if it is revoked or now.

I'm sure about this, but pls still check with your attorney.

Hi celina:

Not unless BCIS rehires some of the senior INS officers (as per sheela murthy). I hope they make some meaningful regulations out of this AC21. I think this competetiveness will make a lawyer out of all professions.

(So may be I should call myself a software engineer with specialization in law) ;)