How AC-21 applicable to my situation

bd2007dk

Registered Users (C)
I wanted to change my job under AC-21. I did notified my current employer on January 2nd, 2008 that I will be leaving current position on January 20th, 2008 then I talked with my current employer and I left on Januray 17th, 2008 and relocated to different state on the same date to join my new employer on Januray 21st, 2008 with offer I accepted on October 15th, 2007. But I got welcome notice on January 17th, 2008 while I check email on January 19th,2008. Now I even didnot change my new address yet.

I am really worry about this situation. Please post your comments.

I believe you dont have to worry, as you are protected in AC 21 situation if you change employment and notified.

Please update change of address pro-activley...

If your job change is less than 180 days since filing the I-485, you could have problems at citizenship time. Actually, since the job change happened right after your GC approval, you may have some trouble anyway. Another poster got hassled in the interview for changing jobs within about 1 or 2 days of approval (again, like yours it was a coincidence, not a plan to leave immediately upon approval), but still got citizenship anyway after the interviewer consulted their supervisor.

You will probably be successful, but be prepared to defend your case citing AC21 and show that the sequence of events was coincidental and not intentional.