Houston Oath Ceremony Question

mikea

Hi,

I will attend the Houston Oath Ceremony next week. Can I bring my two kids with me? They are 8 years and 5 years old.

Also, do anyone know the phone number there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

I will attend the Houston Oath Ceremony next week. Can I bring my two kids with me? They are 8 years and 5 years old.

Also, do anyone know the phone number there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Take them with you. If they were born here, they are clueless about how one becomes a citizen of this country. It will be a good educational experience for them, one which they will share with their kids for years to come. I will bring them some popocorns, I will be the guard wearing a toupee:D...

Hi. That's a good question. Are they with you all the way, or do they need to be with someone who will take care of them while you participate in the ceremony.

I too will be at the Oath Ceremony in Houston, Oct. 21. It's at 7:00am. My question is also about kids because I was trying to get an idea of how long I would be there. (Also for work). For some reason, I think I heard the officer today say that it's half a day, but that just can't be right. I must have heard wrong. The N-445 does not say how long this hugely meaningful event will take. Any ideas?

Thank you all.

Hi. That's a good question. Are they with you all the way, or do they need to be with someone who will take care of them while you participate in the ceremony.

I too will be at the Oath Ceremony in Houston, Oct. 21. It's at 7:00am. My question is also about kids because I was trying to get an idea of how long I would be there. (Also for work). For some reason, I think I heard the officer today say that it's half a day, but that just can't be right. I must have heard wrong. The N-445 does not say how long this hugely meaningful event will take. Any ideas?

Thank you all.
missinglina-from what I heard today the oath takers have to stand in a separate line! All this gets over by 11am. Be there at 7am.
good luck to you :)

Wow, 4 hours eh? That is a long time. Not too long for me of course. Just wondering now if wife and kids should come b/c our kids are very young. Can they arrive after the time that I'm supposed to be there, which is at 7AM? Thanks very much for any info. It's tomorrow!

Houstonian, so I guess that's what the Officer meant when she said "half a day". Now I get it: half a work day-- 4 hours. She would know how big the attendance would be of course and the length of time varies by number of participants. Does anyone know if the ceremony is done before the calling out of the names individually? Or is the oath taken at the end of that? Thanks.

Houstonian, so I guess that's what the Officer meant when she said "half a day". Now I get it: half a work day-- 4 hours. She would know how big the attendance would be of course and the length of time varies by number of participants. Does anyone know if the ceremony is done before the calling out of the names individually? Or is the oath taken at the end of that? Thanks.

I just had my Oath ceremony yesterday in Dallas. The last thing is calling out individual names to hand out the certificates. The whole process took 1 hr 30 min.

Oath completed in Hoston

Finally IT is over and done with!!
Arrived at 7 am and got done by around 1130am.
Worth the while to see how the whole ceremony unfolded ;)
Wish all the folks in waiting a quick turnaround toward the USC.:)

thanks! hang in there..things are moving quickly in Houston.
look at my dates..I too can hardly believe that in approx 3 months the process is over!!

Yes congratulations to all. It was a glorious day for those becoming U.S. citizens. I believe they stated a total number of participants of over 1,600. Wow.

For those of you who are wondering about bringing family to this event at this location, the MO Campbell Educational Center:

Know that it is very casual. Food is allowed and even sold at the concessions. Family members can sit with you. As many as you want to bring, at least for that day. It was only about 2/3 full. You can bring in your stroller if you want. You may have to park them away from you though. You do not leave your seat to pick up anything during the ceremony. You are with your family the whole time. However, if you don't live too far, there is just no need for your family to be there at 7AM. The ceremony didn't start until 10AM. If you are going to bring young kids at 7AM, bring them something to do, like coloring books, story books, etc.

Bring something to read or to listen to. They do provide you with some great literature, however: U.S. Constitution, Citizen's Almanac, etc. It was over by 11:30AM as Houstonian said. I got there at 7:10AM, but I didn't get into the building until about 7:30 b/c of the long line.

My turn around time also 3 months. I was so surprised. I sent in the N-400 on 7/21/09. I became a citizen on 10/21/09. It costs more now, but at least it's a more efficient process. Yes, and now for the U.S. passport.

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country."

Indeed.

:(
now for the passport and finally the OCI-if one is of Indian origin.

Houston,

I didn't see the kids, I feel sad I had brought some cereal with soy milk for your two kids, after all I don't know any kids who aren't grumpy about appearing at a DO at 7am. I hope they had a blast...
:cool:
Congratulations and glad they ceremony was short, 7-11:30am. :D

Hey Al

:(

Houston,

I didn't see the kids, I feel sad I had brought some cereal with soy milk for your two kids, after all I don't know any kids who aren't grumpy about appearing at a DO at 7am. I hope they had a blast...
:cool:
Congratulations and glad they ceremony was short, 7-11:30am. :D

Left the kid(just one) with relatives!!
Thanks for the thoughtfull gesture :)
Hope the cereals did not get too soggy!!

Last edited by a moderator: