Hotels in Ottawa, near US consulate

rucshaca

Registered Users (C)
I wanted to go to Ottawa, Canada next month for my H1-B visa revalidation.
Can somebody please suggest some hotels near US consulate? Only for ONE person, so anything reasonable hotel ?

I will be driving from NJ > Ottawa.

How much do you want to spend? Then I can tell you where to stay. I assume you would like to stay as close as possible to the embassy?

Yes, closer to embassy is better. I wanted to spend reasonable....~$50/day ...i do not know exact...may be higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
you may have a hard time finding cheap accomodations near the Embassy-the Embassy is right downtown on Sussex St.-the most expensive street in Ottawa! you could find cheaper accoms in outer parts of city and cab it in to the city-

hmm ... i am driving from NJ with my car. So, let me try finding something reasonable away from Sussex street.

any recommendations ?

you might as well try priceline.com but a few off the beaten path but close to Sussex-these are some that I remember close to that area
1. Novotel
2. there are 2 Marriotts downtown
3. Days Inn on Rideau St.
you can definitely find pretty good prices. hey-also check out The Lord Elgin-you migth actually get a good price-it is one of the oldest hotels and is right behind the embassy. feel free to send a private message if you want me to give any more advice. good luck

Those are the exact ones I was thinking of - including the Lord Elgin - if you can get a good price. I'm thinking you probably don't want to do a lot of driving around, so any of these puts you almost within walking distance.

Hey,

cajupp, what part of town are you from?

I am getting a good deal on hotwire.com at $50 in ... Quality Hotel Downtown - Ottawa, ON ...290 Rideau St.

is it worth ... i just need to spend 2 nights ...and get off !

let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
best deal. Take it. Hotel is just 10 to 15 minutes walk to US Embassy.
One more hotel nearby is DaysInn